Is Woodley the best example of "fighting not to lose" ?

Woodley is smart and trying everything just to not lose this title because it brings a lot money and he knows he is boring and don't have trash talk and this is the only way

Hunt is more boring then Woodley

I like woodley because he's from strikeforce and proved(a long with others) that you can come from outside the UFC and still be the champ or best fighter in the division.

I'll always be anti zuffa zombie. Rather have Woodley or lawler than Condit or rory or even GSP because he was even more boring ffs.

The reason Wood has been fighting like a wuss is because he gets paid more as champ and potentially losing could cost him big paydays
This. But it's a Catch-22.

Going for the finish must not be worth the risk for Tyron, so unfortunately for the fans, he plays it safe. Making peanuts for so long would explain it -- the poor fucker made only $43K to get KOed by Marquardt, but got millions for his 3 boring defenses.

Becoming champ brings PPV points, and a massive raise, as the PPV share is usually many times their disclosed base salary. But boring fights decrease their future PPV sales and potential salary. I guess being fairly rich and hated is a happy medium for him.
https://www.google.com/amp/thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/tyron-woodley-career-earnings/amp/

Nobody can top Lyoto Machida in this category. Nobody.

Machida had rounds where he threw like 8 total strikes, and then his fans complained about him losing those rounds. He would literally spend minutes at a time doing nothing to try to force his opponent to feel so bad at the booing and the inaction to charge in.

The worst part was that his bitch McDojo fanbase lost their minds every time he lost a decision. Like, they thought you should be able to win a fight by not fighting because KARATE! Puzzle! Majestic! Mysterious! Wooooo ... *sprayfart*

This. But it's a Catch-22.

Going for the finish must not be worth the risk for Tyron, so unfortunately for the fans, he plays it safe. Making peanuts for so long would explain it -- the poor fucker made only $43K to get KOed by Marquardt, but got millions for his 3 boring defenses.

Becoming champ brings PPV points, and a massive raise, as the PPV share is usually many times their disclosed base salary. But boring fights decrease their future PPV sales and potential salary. I guess being fairly rich and hated is a happy medium for him.
https://www.google.com/amp/thesportsdaily.com/mma-manifesto/tyron-woodley-career-earnings/amp/
I guess this is probably the case. Can you imagine just put a little bit of that "platinum" agressiveness into Woodley? He would demolish everyone.
<{JustBleed}>

Hell yes, to the Platinum aggression! I'd love it if Tyron would always fight like he did against Lawler -- everything to gain, nothing to lose.

Tyron's salary would multiply, too, if he were finishing guys as champion, as his PPVs would sell a lot more. I think he could've finished Wonderboy and Maia with a bit more effort, though it would've increased his risk of getting KOed or subbed.

If he could negotiate a contract to guarantee PPV shares, win or lose, I'm sure he'd be more aggressive.

Back