Is Woodley-Maia disheartening for you BJJ guys?

Here Rogan says AGAIN that Maia is arguably the best grappler who have competed in MMA.

WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

Again; how is Damien Maia better grappler better than : Werdum, Souza, Garcia, Roger Gracie???

Last edited:
Don't you see how humilating this is?

Don't you see how being purposefully disingenuous makes you a tool?

Or perhaps, not purposefully?

The age old question; evil, or stupidity...

Don't you see how being purposefully disingenuous makes you a tool?

Or perhaps, not purposefully?

The age old question; evil, or stupidity...
As old Bonie said (probably)
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence or stupidity

Woodley actually beat a more accomplished BJJer: Andre Galvao.

Woodley should write a cooking book on how to fry BJJ champions in MMA

Step 1: Sprawl (which any athletic MFO can do)

Step 2: Bang/Box.

Here Rogan says AGAIN that Maia is arguably the best grappler who have competed in MMA.

WTF IS HE TALKING ABOUT?

Again; how is Damien Maia better grappler better than : Werdum, Souza, Garcia, Roger Gracie???

i think he means more in terms of the best MMA application of BJJ.

I mean yes, Werdum/Garcia/Galvao are more decorated in the sport of BJJ, but have they managed to apply BJJ to MMA as well.

i think he means more in terms of the best MMA application of BJJ.

I mean yes, Werdum/Garcia/Galvao are more decorated in the sport of BJJ, but have they managed to apply BJJ to MMA as well.

Werdum has the same submission ratio in MMA (more or less) as Maia... Also similiar number of matches. Also subbed better opponents

I love this trash talking between striker vs grappler.

<45>

Woodley should write a cooking book on how to fry BJJ champions in MMA

Step 1: Sprawl (which any athletic MFO can do)

Step 2: Bang/Box.

If sprawling was all you needed to stop takedowns, how does anyone ever get taken down in wrestling?
thinkoss.png

Not disheartening but frustrating.

As I mentioned I a previous post Maia is so damn frustrating to me because although he is very, very good at what he does he could walk over to his opponent and tell his game plan and they would respond with “Yeah, I know”

I really wish he worked on his clinch work more. Everyone of his past 5 opponents or so knew he was going to shoot in for a takedown and maybe use some light strikes to set it up. He happens to be good at what he does though and has underrated single and double legs. The only issue is his opponents know they are coming. If he combined this with clinch work he’d be amazing. Hell he threw Chael freaking Sonnen with a highlight reel worthy toss when he caught him off guard

Not disheartening but frustrating.

As I mentioned I a previous post Maia is so damn frustrating to me because although he is very, very good at what he does he could walk over to his opponent and tell his game plan and they would respond with “Yeah, I know”

I really wish he worked on his clinch work more. Everyone of his past 5 opponents or so knew he was going to shoot in for a takedown and maybe use some light strikes to set it up. He happens to be good at what he does though and has underrated single and double legs. The only issue is his opponents know they are coming. If he combined this with clinch work he’d be amazing. Hell he threw Chael freaking Sonnen with a highlight reel worthy toss when he caught him off guard

Jon Jones took Chael Sonnen down like a baby....

I don't think Maia looked overly dogmatic.. He tried mixing in striking as feints for the TDS

Maia lost because he didn't go for the berimbolo

Jon Jones took Chael Sonnen down like a baby....

I don't think Maia looked overly dogmatic.. He tried mixing in striking as feints for the TDS

Jon Jones is a freak of nature and is a weight class higher. Whether it’s genetic or not can be argued but Jones definitely is in a class all his own.

Jon Jones is a freak of nature and is a weight class higher. Whether it’s genetic or not can be argued but Jones definitely is in a class all his own.

A freak of nature? He couldn't take down Alexander Gustafsson.

A freak of nature? He couldn't take down Alexander Gustafsson.

It’s not like Alex is getting taken down all the time either. You gotta start putting things in perspective.

Last edited:
Back