Is wonderboy the most well rounded and skilled striker in mma history?

Just stop.silva never fought and tool'd strikers like masvidal,Whittaker and Rory.
The best he beat is vitor who's off roid when he fought silva
Vitor is better striker than those people, and for goodness sake Roy Jones Jr. doesn't respect the hands of Jorge Masvidal.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think GSP is the most complete striker ever in MMA. His jab, kick variations, wide aresenal of weapons and innovative techniques all made him unpredictable and a nightmare for any other fighter. The only thing he lacked was knees in the clinch and killer instinct.

GSPKoscheck16_medium.gif
idLrvryu2r2mz.gif
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
j17wEwK.gif
giphy.gif
gsptkosjayhieron.gif
gsp_ufc100_1.gif
ufc-129-gif-gsp-back-spinning-side-kick-jake-shields.gif
1413921393GSP2.gif
Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

Vitor is better striker than those people, and for goodness sake Roy Jones Jr. doesn't respect the hands of Jorge Masvidal.
Vitor like hendo was a bralwer not a technical striker,and vitor was off roid when he fought silva

Wonderboy = machida level counter striking + Whittaker level offensive level striking.
He Completely tool'd great striker like masvidal,Rory, Whittaker and good striker like Hendricks.
Other than Tj,no one can match wonderboy striking.sure you can say woodley but he got that takedown threat.
Edits:no roider

i member you
<Goldie11>

Certainly a top shelf striker. Very quick, very precise. Can strike offensively as well as counter strike with equal skill. Excellent kicks which he mixes in well.

But like all strikers coming from point fighting Karate backgrounds, he does not string together multi punch combinations as often or as well as some of the other greats. Kind of takes him out of the running IMO.

Plenty of reasons to hate the guy but the answer is Conor, all day long.

The sport has never seen a big power, forward-moving, constantly pressuring, pinpoint accurate counter striker like McG. Watching the dude perform is like watching blood ballet.

You don't get pieced up and made to panic wrestle by the likes of Nate Diaz if you are the most skilled striker in history. Sorry, not buying it.

Woodley exposed WB. He's fairly well rounded until he gets hit, then not so much.

He already is, it just happened that majority of his previous opponent are afraid to engage with him due to his "invinsible" striking.

But time passed him by.

No version of anserson beats weidman, romero and probably even prime rockhold.

Romero probably, but Weidman and Rockhold?

Prime Silva will steamroll them.
I dont know. Weidman is just a terrible matchup for him. Dont think he can ever beat him. Rockhold is 50 50. People are seriously underrating rockhold because of his ko loss to romero and the fluke loss to bisping. Dude destroyed jacare and jacare would be a tough fight for anderson too.

Wonderboy = machida level counter striking + Whittaker level offensive level striking.
He Completely tool'd great striker like masvidal,Rory, Whittaker and good striker like Hendricks.
Other than Tj,no one can match wonderboy striking.sure you can say woodley but he got that takedown threat.
Edits:no roider
His striking accuracy is at 44%, the average UFC fighters is at 42%. LOL

Wonderboy is 44% striking accuracy with 60% strikes avoided. Conor McGergor is at 48% striking accuracy with 57% strikes avoided. Seems to me they are very comparable in the striking department.

Both aren't that much better than the average UFC fighter. Numbers don't lie. LOL

No. He's just flashy, smooth and makes it look good. If he was the most skilled in history at anything, he would be a champion. He lost twice to Tyron Woodley, who really is not in any way supremely impressive, himself.

Khabib is a better striker than Wonderboy. If you include the facts in the comparison.

I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think GSP is the most complete striker ever in MMA. His jab, kick variations, wide aresenal of weapons and innovative techniques all made him unpredictable and a nightmare for any other fighter. The only thing he lacked was knees in the clinch and killer instinct.

GSPKoscheck16_medium.gif
idLrvryu2r2mz.gif
tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o1_400.gif
j17wEwK.gif
giphy.gif
gsptkosjayhieron.gif
gsp_ufc100_1.gif
ufc-129-gif-gsp-back-spinning-side-kick-jake-shields.gif
1413921393GSP2.gif
Georges-St-Pierre-def-Michael-Bisping-for-middleweight-title-submission-rear-naked-choke-part-2.gif

GSP isn't considered a striker. NOBODY has ever been afraid of his striking, they were afraid of his wrestling which made his striking that much better. No is the answer to TS question, and the correct answer to the proposed situation is Anderson Silva.

You don't get pieced up and made to panic wrestle by the likes of Nate Diaz if you are the most skilled striker in history. Sorry, not buying it.

One guy and one short-notice fight in a weight class he had no business competing in.

Wait until they do the trilogy at 155. The shots that dropped Nate multiple times in their second fight will sleep him when he has that much less fluid cushioning his brain.

Anderson Silva
Anderson Silva, and his records says it all.
Anderson silva got dropped by sonnen, got beat by Chris weidman on feet and having hard time with rich franklin.
Call me when he tool'd strikers like Rory, masvidal and Whittaker
Plus he's a roider
got tooled by Franklin, are you sure?

Prime Hendo can KO any top strikers today.

Silva is out of his prime the time the Chris disposed him.
AS and it’s not close
Never said he got tool'd by franklin.hendo is a brawler.
And silva was not out of his prime when Chris destroyed him
He already is, it just happened that majority of his previous opponent are afraid to engage with him due to his "invinsible" striking.

But time passed him by.
Just stop.silva never fought and tool'd strikers like masvidal,Whittaker and Rory.
The best he beat is vitor who's off roid when he fought silva
Against mostly cans. Yup, speaks volumes.
Even Conor's coach admits Anderson Silva was the best striker
No version of anserson beats weidman, romero and probably even prime rockhold.
Romero probably, but Weidman and Rockhold?

Prime Silva will steamroll them.
Off the top of my head, I recall Ryo Chonan winning the stand-up against Silva before submitting him; Silva had to continuously change stances because of how badly Chonan's leg kicks were hurting him and the commentators (including Bas Rutten) were saying that if Silva didn't finish Chonan he'd end up losing the decision.
ISxYMTvQh1uZKIdnOlcGv5OcA8DZRdyqmE_cBiLnBEc.gif

Chael landed a lot of punches when they were on the feet, and knocked Silva down several times.
eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

sonnen200.gif

CHAEL+DROPS+ANDERSON+UFC+117+GIF.gif

Back