is Westworld worth watching?

tenor.gif

is it better than the shield or the wire? is it kinda like the first season of Sci Fi's battle star Galactica before it became a disaster in season 2?
I've only seen the wire out of those, and it's hard to compare the two. But in likability factor I was more satisfied with the grand stories and ideas of westworld's first season. Watching the wire was like witnessing reality and how serious it is. It made you think a lot about the reality we are living in when it paid off. With westworld you just feel strong emotions about the payoffs and want more. They're both great in their own way.

It's good but a bit too far up it's own butt. Worth a watch, I'd give it an 8/10 because it's an interesting concept and well made. But i started losing interest towards the end of the season.

It's been one season. How off the rails could it have gone?

Watch the show. It's 10 episodes.

Yes. It and Stranger Things were easily the best two shows that debuted in 2016.

There is definitely gratuitous nudity and profanity, but that's par for the course with "premium channel" television, unfortunately.

Anyone who tells you not to watch it should be placed on your ignore list. It's a great show, it checks all the boxes. Cerebral, intrigue, drama, action, ultraviolence, and sexy ladies. I give it a 10, a motherfucking 10!

Watch it TS, watch it now, stop reading and watch it

I got 3 eps in and found it so boring ffs.

Going to give it another go soon.

I really liked it. Hopkins has some great moments. Nice to have a show build up a mystery and actually give you answers by the end of the first season too.

I tried so hard to like it, but couldn't.

"I can't fucking believe this fucking shit. Robots in the old fucking west? Fuck! Can we fucking trust Anthony Hopkins? Or is he going to fucking go Hannibal Lecter on all us fucks?!"​

That's literally what it was like listening to this show. Horrible dialogue writing, and they're trying to fit into this "edgy HBO trope" with unnecessary cursive language, that I'm unfortunately noticing on a lot of other HBO-imitative shows these days (IE: "Berlin Station," for one).
But it's not the old fucking west. It's a theme park in the future...

I watch too much tv (including walking dead although im behind a season) and the only two shows i feel the NEED to watch right now are westworld and game of thrones. There's other close ones like stranger things, ozark and a few more but these two i die to see. Same feeling as older shows such as sopranos, breaking bad, dexter, season one of true detective. Basically im saying try it.

It's a science fiction show. Suspend your disbelief. Or don't, I mean, it doesn't really matter to me. I just thought it was funny you wrote it that way. Robots in the old fucking west, I actually snorted air out of my nose.

There is definitely gratuitous nudity and profanity, but that's par for the course with "premium channel" television, unfortunately.

definitely gratuitous nudity and profanity, but that's par for the course unfortunately.

nudity and profanity, unfortunately.

nudity, unfortunately.

I don't know if we can ever be friends IRL......

To TS though, Season 1 was great. The mystery behind it, the freshness of the story, the unraveling of the puzzle, the suspense, AND the T&A all flowed VERY well throughout the first season, and culminated rather nicely. One of my favorite first seasons of any show ever.

However, the second season looks like it has none of that. Looks like it is just army/FBI/feds vs delusional robots on the run. I really dont think it will capture that lightning in the bottle that season one did, but I hope I am wrong.

It's a science fiction show. Suspend your disbelief. Or don't, I mean, it doesn't really matter to me. I just thought it was funny you wrote it that way. Robots in the old fucking west, I actually snorted air out of my nose.
yep fucking ridiculous shit robots in the old west with liam fucking mcpoyle! the timeline is all fucked in that show i wonder if the writers even wiki'd the old west before they wrote the show

Yes. It is very good. It asks a lot of big questions about consciousness, artificial intelligence, perception vs reality, perception of reality, etc. They practically put God (by way of his proxy, Anthony Hopkins) on trial a few times in ways I've never seen before. Lots of subtle references to computer games and that industry.

It's a big onion.

Will it eventually go to shit? Probably.
Sopranos started to suck. TWD started to falter a while back and is kind of on life support at this moment. It happens to most shows that get a big following.

Westworld and Legion are 2 of the best new shows on tv. I just rewatched the season 1 finally yesterday to get caught up again for the season 2 premier this Sunday. Can't wait. Love the show.

Hot garbage. Starts really strong. Gets boring, and a little nonsensical halfway through. A few characters are really irritating too, like the hilariously awful duo who work on the damaged bots.

Still worth a watch though.

Hopefully season 2 can tighten up some things.

Back