Is Werdum the best BJJ player turned striker we've ever seen?

I know everyone underrates him now because he lost to Conor, but its pretty clearly Aldo

It's pretty amazing how much he has improved his striking through the years

Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva (a stretch, but he started doing bjj), Penn, Big and Lil Nog

I know everyone underrates him now because he lost to Conor, but its pretty clearly Aldo
Yeah this. Said Penn initially because forgot Aldo started as a BJJ Guy. But yes, definitely Aldo.

lil nog was on the brazilian olympic boxing team wasnt he?

I remember Palhares having some nice striking but maybe im just remembering the cole miller fight iirc, he dropped him with a headkick and prematurely celebrated

tumblr_m0ycxnFyNX1qfrkf9o1_250.gif

I'll throw in Frank Mir as an honorable mention.

Its been a long time since he pimp slapped Arlovski, hes grown leaps and bounds from that

Jacare is a good example too

Nog bros and werdum are winning big fights and title fights in the world’s premier mma org.

Jacare slapped around camozzi.

Let’s be honest.

I also think that marcin respected werdum just a bit to much tonight. Throwing single strikes and no combos, and he has the front kick to the face available all day but didn’t. Also, when he landed head kicks and rocked werdum, should have applied pressure, and maybe disguise head kicks with jabs or feints.

Nate Diaz, Nick Diaz, Anderson Silva (a stretch, but he started doing bjj), Penn, Big and Lil Nog

I consider Werdum better than the Nog bros and the Diaz bros are both just boxers, as was BJ Penn.

Werdum is an actual striker, utilizing his entire body

Not as good as Werdum.

Maybe Rogerio.

Penn is still better against most. Werdum is fairly exploitable.

Even at old beat up Nog was winning the striking vs Werdum, the younger version boxed his ears off and that wasn't a green Werdum either as many claimed, he been training with Crocops team for a couple of years and was 5 years into his MMA career.

Whats happened really is the standards at HW have clearly diminished, big names declining, very few new names offering much.

Ortega has the potential to be the best imo

Even at old beat up Nog was winning the striking vs Werdum, the younger version boxed his ears off and that wasn't a green Werdum either as many claimed, he been training with Crocops team for a couple of years and was 5 years into his MMA career.

Whats happened really is the standards at HW have clearly diminished, big names declining, very few new names offering much.

Give it a rest dude. Every division is better than it was 10 years ago, even HW.

I'm sorry Werdum beat your favorite fighters in Nog and Fedor

Back