Is Werdum the best BJJ player turned striker we've ever seen?

welcometohavoc

Yellow Card
Yellow Card
Reaction score
Cordeiro is an amazing coach. Turned BJJ guys like RDA and Werdum into legit dangerous strikers

Up there with the Nog twins.
Nogs were definitely among the first when they started developing legit boxing. I feel werdum has taken it to the next step, being fully capable with his hands all the way down to his feet with strikes.

Nogs were definitely among the first when they started developing legit boxing. I feel werdum has taken it to the next step, being fully capable with his hands all the way down to his feet with strikes.
Jacare is a good example too

Mir also showcased some good boxing in some of his fights. Not sure if Werdum is the best, many fighters have grappling background and became good strikers

For sure man. Jacare has some flash but not effective like fabricio. K1 maia was good for a bit too.

Penn had good boxing but Werdum is showing a complete Muay Thai game.

True that. Kind of strange to look at
considering he (Werdum) was cut from the UFC for being boring after going 2-1 and his wins came by ko/tko.

His stand up has improved a ton.

Last edited:

IIRC The Nog Bros started boxing before BJJ no?

Rda is the answer. Werdum is decent.

Werdum became a more diverse striker, but Penn was the better striker. When Penn was at his best, he was one of the best strikers in the history of MMA.

Werdum is a boss though.

He really has a nice jab, it's impressive.

Back