Is Ward the smartest fighter in the current era(on par with Mayweather)?

That's not learning a lot imho BUT it's a big change in outlook. A very different approach is needed for the pro ranks.

I'd disagree about complaining. It brings to attention the fouls that are committed so that refs like Laurance Cole can't get away with being 'blind' to really obvious fouls as happened in the bout with Salido. Lomachenko took all the nuts shots without any fuss, BIG mistake. Loma has complained to the ref on many occasions now and the refs always pay attention. Complaining works in the pro ranks.
Yeah well, we all see where complaining got Kovalev.

Learn*ing - knowledge acquired through experience, study, or being taught.

Yep good call. Morales is really smart too he just preferred to brawl. If you saw him break Pac down easy in their first fight that was a thing of beauty
I'll have to look at it again, been a long time. But I can always appreciate watching Manny get beat..lol

Yeah well, we all see where complaining got Kovalev.

Learn*ing - knowledge acquired through experience, study, or being taught.
Kov got hit low a bit but not 100 nut shots like Lomachenko did. The ref might have done something if Loma had complained. I'm not disputing that Loma learned anything, I'm disputing how much he learned which really can be distilled down to how to deal with nut shots in the pro game.

Strange. Bivol has a fight next Sat.

If Bellew beats Haye that will be the fight imo.

Yeah thats the gym he came into I was training at, where Bivol is having his training camp, he was with HBO doing a feature on Bivol's last day of sparring.

I asked him if he's going to come back, he said the itch is always there, and that if they throw a bag at him he might have to take it. Said he would come for another title at cruiserweight if he comes back, and then mentioned Tony Bellew and coming back to fight him.

With how he was talking, I'm pretty sure he is going to fight Bellew later this year.

Kov got hit low a bit but not 100 nut shots like Lomachenko did. The ref might have done something if Loma had complained. I'm not disputing that Loma learned anything, I'm disputing how much he learned which really can be distilled down to how to deal with nut shots in the pro game.
giphy.gif

Probably.

As @Hagler said he didnt have the physical gift most of the top fighter possessed. He made most men fight where, when and how he wanted, pretty darn smart IMO.

Unlike Floyd he isn't afriad to fight to face all comers. However I still see him as 1-1 with Kovalev.

Unlike Floyd he isn't afriad to fight to face all comers. However I still see him as 1-1 with Kovalev.
Yeah that's how I see it. He lost the first fight with Kovalev, no doubt.. For that reason he can't be the best ever imho.

Back