Is Vitaly Minakov legit?

No way to know, he turned down the chance to compete with the top fighters in the division to fight in Russia.

Yes, he's legit. I do think he is overrated by a lot of people but he's like 18-0 with a few decent wins. At HW that puts him in the top ten easy.

Skill wise its hard to know, we haven't seen him against a top guy, ever.

No way to know, he turned down the chance to compete with the top fighters in the division to fight in Russia.

Not true. He is still under Bellator contract and can only fight in Russia because a clause in the Bjorn era contracts that let them fight in other orgs as long as the event was not aired on television. He would have to go fight out his contract with Bellator before he could fight in the UFC.

Not true. He is still under Bellator contract and can only fight in Russia because a clause in the Bjorn era contracts that let them fight in other orgs as long as the event was not aired on television. He would have to go fight out his contract with Bellator before he could fight in the UFC.

Bellator's champion clause specifically states that you are obligated to stay in the organization for 18 months or three more fighting after winning the belt. He was champ. He defended once and was supposed to rematch Volkov in 2014, but it just didn't happen. Sounds like an excuse to me and if he foolishly signed some other type of contract, he could have fought it out three years ago.

I'd say so. Does that mean he will retire undefeated and a UFC champion? I doubt it. But I believe he is absolutely legit. He has the makings of being the HW Nurmagomedov in my opinion.
Breh, if you don't retire undefeated in Teh UFC'z, you are a can. So, your logic is wrong.

Back