Is Vitaly Minakov legit?

Combat Sports Fan

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
He has some quality wins over Volkov, Cheick Kongo, and Bigfoot Silva. But could he be a UFC title contender?

The guy gave a fuckin Rock bottom to a guy during a fight....he's a stud

He is...
Like most of the guys that are successful outside of the UFC he often fights cans but he is pretty good...
Would be definitely top 5 HW in the UFC and IMO champion material

That sounds so... sexual..
method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

tenor.gif

It's called a uranage in sambo....and yes its a very close, impactful and intimate move

Last edited:
I'd say so. Does that mean he will retire undefeated and a UFC champion? I doubt it. But I believe he is absolutely legit. He has the makings of being the HW Nurmagomedov in my opinion.

A power puncher with any semblance of accuracy would sleep him. He's a great grappler though, especially in the clinch and from top position.

DJ Linderman, who doesn't even have a Wiki, put him on stanky legs but then ran out of time in the round.

Rumble slept DJ in 3 minutes but Vitaly only managed to finish him in the 3rd round after a slow-paced, sloppy fight.

He has some quality wins over Volkov, Cheick Kongo, and Bigfoot Silva. But could he be a UFC title contender?

I'm afraid that's a question more for contract law than fight analysis.

He looked out of shape for his fight against DJ. I think he used to train part time at Jackson wink.

Yeah his biggest hole is his striking. He needs to sharpen his boxing to beat the likes of Stipe.

Nonetheless he is highly talented and a relatively young HW and takes little damage in his fights in general thanks to his grappling.

method=get&s=vitaly-minakov-rock-bottom-gof.gif

tenor.gif

It's called a uranage in Judo....and yes its a very close, impractical and intimate move
ftfy
P.S. Sambo is a Russian abbreviation meaning: Samooborona bez oruzhyia (weaponless defense)

ftfy
P.S. Sambo is a Russian abbreviation meaning: Samooborona bez oruzhyia (weaponless defense)
Yea sorry....Ive trained both
In Sambo we call it a rear suplex or San no suplex/hiptoss....but ura nage is so much cooler sounding

But its origins are from judo, you are correct sir

He's legit, but a wasted talent.

He should be fighting top competition, or if he could not enter the UFC then he should be fighting top guys from KSW or PFL.

FNG should already given him a ts against their HW Champ.

A power puncher with any semblance of accuracy would sleep him. He's a great grappler though, especially in the clinch and from top position.

DJ Linderman, who doesn't even have a Wiki, put him on stanky legs but then ran out of time in the round.

Rumble slept DJ in 3 minutes but Vitaly only managed to finish him in the 3rd round after a slow-paced, sloppy fight.

And Stipe Miocic was knocked out by Stefan Struve.....

So he must lose to any power punchers with any semblance of accuracy too, amirite?
'

Nah, you're about to respond with some sort of excuse for Stipe I bet.

And Stipe Miocic was knocked out by Stefan Struve.....

So he must lose to any power punchers with any semblance of accuracy too, amirite?
'

Nah, you're about to respond with some sort of excuse for Stipe I bet.
Yup. He got eye poked and slipped, and struve is 100X the fighter Linderman is

And Miocic lost to Struve.. he must be a can.

Minakov is freaking legit. He can beat anyone at HW but he is not invincible.

Back