Is USA the best country to live in?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There is that global stereotype that living in USA is a dream of every person in the world (or at least poor to middle class). Standard of life, healthcare, everything on high level.

As a teen I also wanted to move and live in US. My views changed overtime though.

The one of the biggest issues for me would be living in a fear that people with different mental states are allowed to carry guns. The last thing you want is being caught in some psycho mall/cinema/school shootout, or just get mugged on the street at night in a wrong neighbourhood.

Europe got the same problem with all these 3rd world scumbags coming in, not working, raping and mugging people. If I had a say I would hang all PC politicians responsible for it, turning this beautiful continent into cesspool. Not so long ago If you travelled to Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, to any city and street, the chances that you would get assaulted are much much lower unlike the US, especially that guns are banned.

Another issue for me would be job security. US got something called Employment At Will. That means you can have your job this week, loans taken for new car, house, whatever. And next week you find yourself without a job under reason 'just because'. In Europe however, employer need to give a reason to dismiss you, and it has to be a proper reason which he can prove. Firing you because you screwed your boss daughter is off the table.

That's probably 2 main issues I would have. Myself I been travelling a bit around Europe and in terms of culture of specific country I would have no issue to accommodate to.

The statement is too broad. I think some of the best places to live are in the US but the US has its share of cesspools.

Depends on what part of the USA you're talking about.we're massive. you want tall skyscrapers traffic City Life? How about living on a small farm with 5 Acres? Maybe you like suburban cities with a 3 bed 2 bath 2000 square ft house? Maybe you want an efficiency near the mountains..maybe a house on the beach? Do I enjoy snow or swimming more?

That's the beautiful thing about the USA, the options I have..

Last edited:
There's also a good chance of getting into medical debt if you live in the US.

You have some good points. Especially about how easy it is to fire someone, but it also means that sometimes thank God it's easier to fire someone. It's a double edged sword for sure.

America is full if those dangerous doubled edged swords, but that's freedom baby

I dont have anything to measure it against. Id take America over germany though.. what little of it ive seen.

Employment at will isn't something to be afraid of.

Unless you're a complete piece of shit.

It's almost never beneficial for an employer to fire someone, "Just because". In fact, they'd likely protect your job and give you extra chances, just because it's more cost effective to keep you than train someone new.

The only people I've known in my life to be fired, in 14 years of working - were people who did crazy things. I knew a girl who was fired for stealing TV's from Best Buy, basically letting her boyfriend "pretend" to pay for shit, and walking out of the store. (Before they had the guy checking receipts at the door)

Don't do anything criminal, or crazy, and show up to work, and you'll likely never get fired. And even if you do in America, we have what's called Unempoyment Benefits - which basically is a "Pay you and help you find a new job" program.

If you are a smart sociable motivated person with an entrepreneurial mindset from a difficult place in the world, you can do a lot here. Thats Americas selling point and its still true.

it depends what you want. 3rd world and 2nd world is superior if you dont like liberalism or western views of ´culture marxism i see people on hear say.

i think japan is best country. people i meet who have been said it is the best country they ever been, no like drug issues, homeless, gangs and religion of peace, violence, guns everywhere, etc.

America is not the best country to live in based on any meaningful measurement of happiness, quality of life, education, public health, economic mobility, or security.

Over the last 30 years we have been marching toward a corporatist oligarchy in which workers have no rights and an ever increasing portion of the population lives paycheck to paycheck... with only a very shoddy safety net.

On the other hand, we probably have one of the best consumer economies— meaning the average person has a greater array of shit available to buy, at a relatively cheap price, compared to any place else.

Basically, if your dream is to have a phone that will also make you waffles, then America is a pretty great country. But we’ve sold our soul— not to mention our fiscal security and public institutions— for trucks, guns and gadgets.

Last edited:
America is not the best country to live in based on any meaningful measurement of happiness, quality of life, economic mobility or security.

Maybe not if you average the life of every welfare leech and liberal homeless camp into it.

It's pretty much amazing year-round here in Florida, if you have a good job.

Moving from a liberal state (Maryland) to Florida, it actually feels like waking up in a vacation spot every day of my life.

I could not be happier with where I live.

it depends what you want. 3rd world and 2nd world is superior if you dont like liberalism or western views of ´culture marxism i see people on hear say.

i think japan is best country. people i meet who have been said it is the best country they ever been, no like drug issues, homeless, gangs and religion of peace, violence, guns everywhere, etc.
Uh they have gangs. Lived there thre years.

Maybe not if you average the life of every welfare leech and liberal homeless camp into it.

It's pretty much amazing year-round here in Florida, if you have a good job.

Moving from a liberal state (Maryland) to Florida, it actually feels like waking up in a vacation spot every day of my life.

I could not be happier with where I live.

Shit, if Byron says it's true it must be.

Lol. Sure if you love having that thing as President. Sure if you love racism. Sure if your thing is butting in in every other conutry and their business. Sure if you like to separate immigrants from their families for no reason and sending them to places they hardly know. Sure if you like a place where the police murder minorities while others stand by and cheer

There is that global stereotype that living in USA is a dream of every person in the world (or at least poor to middle class). Standard of life, healthcare, everything on high level.

As a teen I also wanted to move and live in US. My views changed overtime though.

The one of the biggest issues for me would be living in a fear that people with different mental states are allowed to carry guns. The last thing you want is being caught in some psycho mall/cinema/school shootout, or just get mugged on the street at night in a wrong neighbourhood.

Europe got the same problem with all these 3rd world scumbags coming in, not working, raping and mugging people. If I had a say I would hang all PC politicians responsible for it, turning this beautiful continent into cesspool. Not so long ago If you travelled to Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, to any city and street, the chances that you would get assaulted are much much lower unlike the US, especially that guns are banned.

Another issue for me would be job security. US got something called Employment At Will. That means you can have your job this week, loans taken for new car, house, whatever. And next week you find yourself without a job under reason 'just because'. In Europe however, employer need to give a reason to dismiss you, and it has to be a proper reason which he can prove. Firing you because you screwed your boss daughter is off the table.

That's probably 2 main issues I would have. Myself I been travelling a bit around Europe and in terms of culture of specific country I would have no issue to accommodate to.
You're probably more likely to get struck by lightning while winning the lottery than randomly getting shot.

Nobody is going to fire you without good cause because it's far too expensive to just randomly bring in new people and train them. Also this law is only in about 1/2 the states.

Back