Is UFC 198 the most stacked card of all time?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I say yes easy.

Fabricio Werdum(c) vs Stipe Miocic
Vitor Belfort vs Jacare Souza
Anderson Silva vs Uriah Hall
Shogun Rua vs Corey Anderson
Demian Maia vs Matt Brown
Rogerio Nogueira vs Pat Cummins
Nate Marquardt vs Thiago Santos
Warlley Alves vs Bryan Barberena
Francisco Trinaldo vs Yancy Mederios
Sergio Moraes vs Kamaru Usman
Zubaira Tukhugov vs Renato Moicano

* Cyborg Justino also possible

No... Maybe with Cyborg added, otherwise I think 194 probably holds that spot.

no..... not even close to UFC 100

Shogun, Marquardt, Lil Nog are all shot.

It might be the oldest main card in ufc history. Silva, Belfort, and Werdum may be the 3 oldest fighters on the roster not named Dan Henderson.

Still some fun fights.

I ain't even mad at Thomas Almeida not getting in on this card anymore. Last I heard Lineker wanted the Garbrandt fight rebooked on this card too but no way that happens.

Shogun, Marquardt, Lil Nog are all shot.

It might be the oldest main card in ufc history. Silva, Belfort, and Werdum may be the 3 oldest fighters on the roster not named Dan Henderson.

Still some fun fights.
Don't forget Mike Pyle & Hunto!

I ain't even mad at Thomas Almeida not getting in on this card anymore. Last I heard Lineker wanted the Garbrandt fight rebooked on this card too but no way that happens.
What the hell has happened to Thomas Almeida?? he has just disappeared, not heard about any fights he is booked for, and not heard of him at all, haven't heard of an injury or nothing, seems like he just vanished. I remember when he signed with UFC he said its a 3 fight deal, and he has fought 3 times in UFC, maybe he didn't sign a new deal and is not even with UFC anymore.

its fkn stacked! i think the ppv will be:

doom x miocic
jacare x belfort
silva x hall
shogun x anderson
cyborg x tba(zingano?)

shit got real!

Jon Fitch was on the main card of UFC 200 and Mark Coleman vs Stephan Bonnar headlined the prelims. Get outta here
Corey Anderson is on the main card of this, and Coleman or Bonnar are far bigger names than any of the fighters on the prelims of 198

If Cyborg gets on the card, then it's one of the most star power-stacked cards of all time. Otherwise, the match-ups are not the best, and will be outshone by UFC 200 probably.

Well I read that 15 fights are possible for this card so he's still possible to land on it. And No Love vs Hands Of Stone got added to 199

I say yes easy.

Fabricio Werdum(c) vs Stipe Miocic
Vitor Belfort vs Jacare Souza
Anderson Silva vs Uriah Hall
Shogun Rua vs Corey Anderson
Demian Maia vs Matt Brown
Rogerio Nogueira vs Pat Cummins
Nate Marquardt vs Thiago Santos
Warlley Alves vs Bryan Barberena
Francisco Trinaldo vs Yancy Mederios
Sergio Moraes vs Kamaru Usman
Zubaira Tukhugov vs Renato Moicano

* Cyborg Justino also possible
How many people on this card have been popped before? Must be highest percentage of all time for a fight card.

Corey Anderson is on the main card of this, and Coleman or Bonnar are far bigger names than any of the fighters on the prelims of 198
Who cares how big of names they are? Id pay to watch Moraes, Usman, Trinaldo, Or any of those guys on the prelims over Coleman or Bonnar.

And it's ok because he's fighting Shogun so that automatically makes it a super interesting fight

The more stacked the card is, the less guilty the fighters feel to pull out.

Amazing show for sure. I love it. If it goes down like that. Maybe not all time but can easily say it's top ten closer to top five. It's a fantastic card.

Back