Is Tyrone Spomg retired from fighting?

Da Killa

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Haven't heard any news from him in a long time. I know he did some boxing fights but that also seems to be a while ago.

He is a striking coach at the Blackzillians MMA team and takes a boxing fight every now and then. I don't think he has any interest in kickboxing anymore.

He is a striking coach at the Blackzillians MMA team and takes a boxing fight every now and then. I don't think he has any interest in kickboxing anymore.
I think Blackzillians closed down. He trains somewhere else and just concentrating on boxing at the moment. He's currently 9-0 in boxing.

He came to the States like ten years ago and trained with Mayweather Sr should've stayed with boxing then

Tyrone-Spong-broken-leg.jpg

this is why he is coaching now more, and only taking a boxing fight here and there.

his last boxing fight was in 27th may

time to take another one,he is a HW,he should start to take fights on USA,UK,Russia or Germany

Jarrel Miller basically started to take serious his boxing carer and stepped up in competition in 2014 and he is a top 10 HW ranked today,Tyrone can do better if he wants it,talent for it he haves for sure

Photos says "Focused on the 23!!" not sure if he has a fight scheduled.

Haven't heard any news from him in a long time. I know he did some boxing fights but that also seems to be a while ago.[ i
Haven't heard any news from him in a long time. I know he did some boxing fights but that also seems to be a while ago.
I miss this guy in kickboxing, Spong vs Verhoeven would be sick!

Holzken is already a top 40 Super MW boxer and he only fought one top 100

i rather 1000x to see him on KB but if he moves full boxing and takes like 2 or 3 decent guys he can enter on top 25-30

september 23 was set for his next boxing fight on a local show in maimi but it has gotten postponed as the venue got damaged by hurricane irma. He now trains out of mundo boxing where he is still training under pedro diaz

His career is frustrating to follow. Age is not on his side. By now he should at least be in the top 30 in boxing. Even if you are in the top 10 it can take a while to get a shot because of the politics. His time is running out

Lets be real he is too old to beat Usyk or the other top dogs. Holzken has a better chance at getting to the top but he still has a long ways to go.

Jarrel Miller won 70k on his last fight(fight that he defeated Gerald Washington,a dude who fought for the WBC world HW against Wilder)

i think the problem is that tyrone still eluded that someone is going to give like 100-150-200k to fight without being a really big one

if he wants big money in boxing,he haves to step up,win a major title or face a really big dog,the cash cows.

the problem is that Spong is from a small country,and both Netherlands and Suriname dont have too much contact with pro boxing,he haves to creates himself on USA or take big names on russia-england

- Lucas Browne was offered one million dollar to face Solomon Haumono

- Joseph parker is set to make 1,8 Million to face the younger Fury this friday

- the popular David Haye has made some millions in his fights against Ruiz(1,5million),Derick Chisora(4,5million),Valuev,Klitschko(15 million) and Bellew(4,2 million)

- Wilder made 900k on his win vs the prospect Gerald Washington,1.4million on both of his fight with Arreola and Molina.

- Povetkin already won tons and tons of millions

- Joshua too

these are some of the top payed HW´s,if tyrone wants money he haves to face these guys

Lets be real he is too old to beat Usyk or the other top dogs. Holzken has a better chance at getting to the top but he still has a long ways to go.
Holzken is two years older than Spong

Back