Is Trump ruining or building on the Obama legacy

I didn't make the assertion, I'm just looking for clarification. If pressed on the issue, I'd have to defer to the personal perception of the person being discussed. But my family are immigrants and so I see those labels as more fluid than some. I feel equally comfortable as Panamaican, African-american, Hispanic-American, Caribbean American, and just plain old American (which is what I usually use).

You'll never be anything more than a dirty Modanian to me now, Pan. :)

American racial policy of 'the one drop rule' dictates that as far as the US goes, Obama is as black as the day is long.

He's also good at basketball and has an excellent sense of style. both things that would place him firmly in the 'black' category. only thing he is missing is a chubby white woman as a wife.
mjhorriblejeansagain.jpg

406c5d7b77c689a3bae1c0b08f182ab7.jpg

I love stereotypes! Because depending on who you ask, you'll always get funny or interesting responses!

Trump is helping out both Obama's and W's legacy greatly simply by being a walking dumpster fire that makes people long for the days when we didn't have a trolling right wing teenage girl for president.

Has done more in one year than they could do in 2 terms against extreme opposition.

I can never remember race divisions being so divisive as when Obama was in office last 3 years. I swear that guy set race relations back 60 fucking years.

Can't have those blacks getting uppity and being president. They need to mind their place.

Has done more in one year than they could do in 2 terms against extreme opposition.

His party controls both parts of Congress. Democratic opposition would be largely meaningless if he had shown any ability to lead or help craft legislation he could get whatever he could get things done. But he hasn't despite being in a position where the opposition doesn't matter.

Getting little done legislatively when your party controls Congress is a gaping indictment of his leadership and deal making ability. The art of the deal guy can't get deals done with his own team.

Trump scrambling to get back in the TPP after pissing on it because "Obama did it" will pretty much sum up the Trump/Obama legacy relationship.

His party controls both parts of Congress. Democratic opposition would be largely meaningless if he had shown any ability to lead or help craft legislation he could get whatever he could get things done. But he hasn't despite being in a position where the opposition doesn't matter.

Getting little done legislatively when your party controls Congress is a gaping indictment of his leadership and deal making ability. The art of the deal guy can't get deals done with his own team.

You're still hung up on party lines. They're money lines that run deep and have been there a long time. What do you think the swamp is?

You're still hung up on party lines. They're money lines that run deep and have been there a long time. What do you think the swamp is?

His own appointees it seems given the unprecedented levels of corruption and nepotism in his administration.

You're trying to frame the guy who's original claim to fame is being rich, through dubious means mind you, as an outsider to the money power club.

Trump has proven to be every inch of the swamp he claims to have wanted to drain.

Trump's behavior is doing wonders for the legacy of Obama. Possibly even more for Bush.

I am a pretty big fan of Obama. I don't consider myself a democrat (or republican), so I appreciated how he was able to bring people from all walks of life together.

I have frequently been critical of Trump, saying he was tearing down everything Obama had built. But was I right? Lately I have been thinking that all of Trump's flaws are actually making our first AA president even greater.

Seeing everything fall apart and the worst side of so many people come out makes me think it only highlights what he accomplished.

Like most, I gave Trump a chance but you cant deny the disaster he is any longer. So in regards to Obama's legacy is Trump good or bad?

Also please keep the discussion civil. No need for flaming and personal attacks. This is meant to be more of an historical conversation.
What blows my mind are the Trumpanzees that still spew the... "Well Trump is fixing the 8 years that Obama destroyed.." I'm not even a Obama voter, but I can't fathom what is going on in these people's heads... Is it a low IQ thing?

I can never remember race divisions being so divisive as when Obama was in office last 3 years. I swear that guy set race relations back 60 fucking years.
I love when people make this retarded statement. Duuurrrrrr

<Kpop775>

I'd call you an idiot if I wasn't 100% sure you're a troll.

Hey Trotsky. I really appreciate your posts from time to time, and always try to read them, although I don't agree with everything I do with some things. Sorry you feel that way, I could've worded it better but it just seems like that way to me. Never seen so much race division in the world as the past 3-4 years.

I wish you guys would stop stereotyping black people as having purple lips. I mean seriously, wtf. Purple lips isn't a black thing it's an Obama thing.

Yup and Michelle looking like a primate who should be back in Africa is a Michelle thing, amirite? Pathetic......

Yup and Michelle looking like a primate who should be back in Africa is a Michelle thing, amirite? Pathetic......

Also, are you saying that black people have purple lips and look like apes? Thus kinda effed up.

Also, are you saying that black people have purple lips and look like apes? Thus kinda effed up.

I don't have to agree with a racist stereotype to recognize it. This really does not need to be explained to you, stop playing the ass.

Back