Is Trump ruining or building on the Obama legacy

Are you forgetting that Obamacare was collapsing under its own incompetent structure, and that’s before republicans repealed the individual mandate (which is a huge deal)?

Obamacare will be remembered as a failure, and the time obama pussied out on pushing for single payer.

Besides, the thread is about how/if Trump is hurting/helping Obama's legacy, not a spot for you to air out your ill-informed policy views.

Ps, LOL at this thread not being dumped. These Shartdog mods don’t even pretend to hide it...
I didn't forget shit, Obamacare is not "collapsing". The turds you vote for couldn't even repeal it.

And you're not even open minded enough to consider the ACA may be the thing that leads to a single payer.

Trump is helping out both Obama's and W's legacy greatly simply by being a walking dumpster fire that makes people long for the days when we didn't have a trolling right wing teenage girl for president.

I didn't forget shit, Obamacare is not "collapsing". The turds you vote for couldn't even repeal it.

And you're not even open minded enough to consider the ACA may be the thing that leads to a single payer.

No, I have the clarity to know that they passed a knowingly bad bill because they were certain Hill would win and push through single payer.

Btw, Obamacare is doing just great in places where you can’t even purchase a plan.

“in eastern Tennessee, where Reed lives, the law could vanish next year whether a vote happens or not. Its residents cannot sign up for the law’s Medicaid expansion because the state does not participate in that program. Next year, those residents may not have the option to use Obamacare’s health marketplaces either.

As it stands, no insurers want to sell Obamacare coverage in Reed’s area of Tennessee. Reed’s current health insurer, Humana, recently announced it would quit selling such plans in 2018. The people signing up for the law, the insurer said, were sicker than expected. Humana didn’t think the problem would get any better.”

PS, I wanted Obamacare to be great. Then I got the bill and the piss poor plan that came with it.

No, I have the clarity to know that they passed a knowingly bad bill because they were certain Hill would win and push through single payer.

Btw, Obamacare is doing just great in places where you can’t even purchase a plan.

“in eastern Tennessee, where Reed lives, the law could vanish next year whether a vote happens or not. Its residents cannot sign up for the law’s Medicaid expansion because the state does not participate in that program. Next year, those residents may not have the option to use Obamacare’s health marketplaces either.

As it stands, no insurers want to sell Obamacare coverage in Reed’s area of Tennessee. Reed’s current health insurer, Humana, recently announced it would quit selling such plans in 2018. The people signing up for the law, the insurer said, were sicker than expected. Humana didn’t think the problem would get any better.”

PS, I wanted Obamacare to be great. Then I got the bill and the piss poor plan that came with it.
No one is arguing it's perfect and we know it's not working in certain areas of the country. Quite frankly I'm surprised stories like you posted aren't more prevalent since Republicans are actively undermining it even at the local level.

Anyway, I got it, you think it sucks, but you're not putting forward a good enough case to respond to.

Obama Care sucked. It really didn't help out the uninsured working class at all. I use the VA for healthcare, but my sister signed up for Obama care and the plan was garbage she had like a $5000 deductible or some shit.

In the end the juice wasn't worth the squeeze and she would just take the hit on her taxes at the end of the year, which is bullshit. Obama did some good things, but his healthcare plan sucked.

He also got the ball rolling with the left being overly sensitive about race and LGBT issues, and basically birthed the snowflake movement. Race relations actually worsened under his watch as well. This isn't solely his fault, but he did a lot to fan the flames.

Obama did however do some things well...

He kept our boots off the ground in the middle east.

The economy was good

Captured Bin Laden

Signed the Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act

Expanded stem cell research

Increased VA funding

Made peace with Cuba

Last edited:
Obama Care sucked. It really didn't help out the uninsured working class at all. I use the VA for healthcare, but my sister signed up for Obama care and the plan was garbage she had like a $5000 delectable or some shit.

In the end the juice wasn't worth the squeeze and she would just take the hit on her taxes at the end of the year, which is bullshit. Obama did some good things, but his healthcare plan sucked.

He also got the ball rolling with the left being overly sensitive about race and LGBT issues, and basically birthed the snowflake movement. Race relations actually worsened under his watch as well. This isn't solely his fault, but he did a lot to fan the flames.

Yup, that’s the dirty little detail. The deductible was so fucking high it was ridiculous.

Might as well buy a catastrophic plan and pay out of pocket.

Obama's legacy of destroying race relations in the USA is alive and well.

our first AA president even greater.

Can someone who is half white be considered African American?

To be clear, are you saying that someone who is half white should not be considered African American?

In all honesty, to judge a president based on his first year is like judging a rookie QB on their 1st year. There's some data but not a lot yet. Clinton had a terrible first year but Trump's economy is doing very well.

At the end of the day, I think you guys are salty AF because Obama had to hand the keys to his new daddy Trump

To be clear, are you saying that someone who is half white should not be considered African American?

@Palis

To be clearer, are you saying that someone who has an African father and an American mother could be anything other than African-American?

@Palis

To be clearer, are you saying that someone who has an African father and an American mother could be anything other than African-American?

I didn't make the assertion, I'm just looking for clarification. If pressed on the issue, I'd have to defer to the personal perception of the person being discussed. But my family are immigrants and so I see those labels as more fluid than some. I feel equally comfortable as Panamaican, African-american, Hispanic-American, Caribbean American, and just plain old American (which is what I usually use).

But what about people who don't have an african parent?

Trump is helping out both Obama's and W's legacy greatly simply by being a walking dumpster fire that makes people long for the days when we didn't have a trolling right wing teenage girl for president.

It's so weird. I read a lot of far left journals and publications that are generally not interested in geopolitical power dynamics except to the extent that they affect the well-being of people abroad, but even those rigidly anti-war communist periodicals regularly joke about how Trump is unwittingly destroying the US's foreign influence and global power, all the while thinking that he is strengthening it.

I can never remember race divisions being so divisive as when Obama was in office last 3 years. I swear that guy set race relations back 60 fucking years.

I can never remember race divisions being so divisive as when Obama was in office last 3 years. I swear that guy set race relations back 60 fucking years.

I'd call you an idiot if I wasn't 100% sure you're a troll.

To be clear, is the term accurate given Mr. Obama's halfness?

I'm asking you for more information on how you see the subject since you appeared to be suggesting that he couldn't be or that you questioned the accuracy of the term.

I can understand how you might not be able to flesh out your own post if you haven't actually thought it through yet. But it would be quicker to just say that instead.

I'm asking you for more information on how you see the subject since you appeared to be suggesting that he couldn't be or that you questioned the accuracy of the term.

I can understand how you might not be able to flesh out your own post if you haven't actually thought it through yet. But it would be quicker to just say that instead.
I stand by what i said. No need to explain further.

To be clear, is the term accurate given Mr. Obama's halfness?
American racial policy of 'the one drop rule' dictates that as far as the US goes, Obama is as black as the day is long.

He's also good at basketball and has an excellent sense of style. both things that would place him firmly in the 'black' category. only thing he is missing is a chubby white woman as a wife.

Neither was perfect but Trump is clearly worse. The negative greatly outweighs the positive in regards to Trumps entire campaign. He's unprofessional, childish, overly emotional. In the end Trump is and has always been unqualified for the position of potus. His entire campaign from the primaries till now has been a complete shit show that has lowered the status of America in virtually all global aspects.

Back