Is Trump a historical liar?

Actually the OP is about comparing Trump to Obama, so its about Obama whether you can deal with it or not. Keep up. And, I actually shit on the article in the OP.
You'll notice that I believed the discrepancy to be accurate, but that that Obama only lying 2.5x/ year was suspect. This is a thread where its proposed the average person lies twice a day, but you couldn't handle the idea that Obama may have lied more than twice a year.
You found that an egregious affront, the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back of me "working so hard to shit on Obama". LOL. Post a hotdog meme if you concede.

I'm not sure if jack blocked me, overlooked my post, or ducked it all together. Whatever the case, you should reply to his question with the link I posted of Obama lies (20 on pg1 alone). It's from that ultra right wing source, politifact...

The WR sure hated on Obama like they do on Trump in his first year- j/k not even a tiny bit close.

This place is like CNN 2.
Do you think that all presidents are identically competent?

Assuming you’re not a total moron, we’ll assume you answered “No” to the first question.

Once you accept that not all presidents are equally competent, why do you think that all presidents should be treated the same?

Should we treat a hobo rat-burger the same as a perfectly cooked filet Mignon?

Trump is getting covered poorly because he’s the presidential equivalent of a rat feces patty.

IDK5iLy.gif

Do you think that all presidents are identically competent?

Assuming you’re not a total moron, we’ll assume you answered “No” to the first question.

Once you accept that not all presidents are equally competent, why do you think that all presidents should be treated the same?

Should we treat a hobo rat-burger the same as a perfectly cooked filet Mignon?

Trump is getting covered poorly because he’s the presidential equivalent of a rat feces patty.

Obama was the worst president in history. So there's that.

One issue here is that despite what conventional wisdom tells us, the typical politician is actually far more honest than the typical American. Part of the reason for that (not the only reason, IMO) is that they face a lot of scrutiny from the media over everything they say. But Trump isn't affected because he knows his followers just assume any negative coverage is "fake news". And on top of that, he's a lying sleaze (like, even if Obama didn't have scrutiny, I'd expect him to be a pretty honest dude). Some people are just like that.

That could be the reason or it could be a combination of most politicians uncanny ability to never directly answer a question and the fact that certain sites list a lot of their statements as half true or mostly true which absolves the lies.

Obama was the worst president in history. So there's that.
But it seems that most people don’t agree with you. I mean, look at Obama’s approval numbers when he left office versus Trump’s now.

I’m sorry, it looks like Obama was a solidly average president with some pretty good accomplishments and some big fails, but Trump is just pure rat feces.

The President is the exact same man today as he was 38 years ago. Very admirable .

We all know the answer but it's fun to see it in chart form.

We should get a Fake News Forum so you can dump your fake news there.

On Thursday, New York Times columnist David Leonhardt tweeted out his take on President Trump’s penchant for untruth. He did so in the most self-discrediting way: by blasting out a chart comparing Trump’s dissimulations with President Obama’s. Suffice it to say that the chart is utter bunk:
<your shart here>
According to The New York Times, then, Trump has lied more in 10 months than Obama lied in 8 years. That’s insipid. According to the Times, Obama only told six lies in his first year, compared to Trump’s 103 — and he only told six lies his entire second term. Furthermore, the Times states:

We have used the word “lies” again here, as we did in our original piece. If anything, though, the word is unfair to Obama and Bush. When they became aware that they had been saying something untrue, they stopped doing it. Obama didn’t continue to claim that all Americans would be able to keep their existing health insurance under Obamacare, for example, and Bush changed the way he spoke about Iraq’s weapons capability.

Except, of course, that Obama continued saying that if you liked your doctor, you could keep your doctor … for years.

Here are the kinds of lies the press counted for Trump:

FEB. 12, 2017.“Just leaving Florida. Big crowds of enthusiastic supporters lining the road that the FAKE NEWS media refuses to mention. Very dishonest!” (The media did cover it.)

FEB. 24, 2017.“By the way, you folks are in here — this place is packed, there are lines that go back six blocks.” (There was no evidence of long lines.)

Oh, come on. Meanwhile, many of the lies Obama told according to the Washington Post and Politifact have been completely omitted from the Times list.

This is why Trump gets away with calling the media fake news — because the media do the same thing. They call Trump a liar when he’s merely exaggerating or bloviating, and then refuse to call it a lie when Obama did the same. Trump does the same thing in reverse to the media.

Suffice it to say, it’s tough to trust a news organization that insists on the absolute integrity of President Obama in order to bash Trump. This sort of stuff is how the Times made Trump president.
- Ben Shapiro

Trump has no inner monologue.

This really is the profound, simple truth of everything that is fucked about Donald Trump.

Here clearly has no self-awareness. While most intelligent people are constantly scrutinizing themselves and thinking about their thinking, he is not.

Trump lies so frequently he lies about lying. White lies, lies
of omission, and flat out blatant lies. He has it all covered.

He's the biggest scam artist to ever hold office.

Yeah, maybe read the qualifiers in the OP first. If you think saying "400,000 middle-class Rhode Island families will see their federal income taxes increase" when the actual point was 400,000 middle class households is a miscue that ranks up there with being "demonstrably and substantially false" statements....

Then, well, you are what we think you are, Bob.

Steven Seagal is actually the career GOAT

among many things, he once claimed to be a Buddhist reincarnated God

Back