Is TJ Dillashaw misunderstood or is he an actual dick?

eh. Probably a dick.

Do I care? Not really. Most of them are dicks. Its fighting.

Somehow Cody is even more of a dingleberry than him so.....it was rather funny when TJ ko'd him then screamed in his face

My all time favorite piece of "trash talking" came from Cody's genius brain. Talking about steroids at the 25th anniversary thing they did in NY, "TJ you taught us all how to shoot up steroids at Team Alpha"... TJ didn't even know how to respond. Thankfully you're able to make a decent living just fighting, anything other than that, I think Cody wouldn't be able to mentally handle much.

He's a scumbag piece of shit who cheapshots his sparring partners after the bell.
I hope Cody decapitates him, but the skill gap between the two is bumper to bumper. It wouldn't surprise me at all if TJ retains his belt, which would royally piss me off.

Is he really that disliked? Compared to others I haven't seen too many talk shit about him on Sherdog and at weigh ins he doesn't seem to get booed that much. Seems like a good guy to me.

He is one of my least favorite MMA fighters, and I seriously don't like talking about any fighter like that...

Anyone who enjoys hurting their training partners, cheap shotting them and then acting like it's all okay is just a detestable person, straight up...

Multiple members from Team Alpha Male talked about how brutal and underhanded a training partner Dillashaw was LONG before he left the team. Everybody who was a regular training partner of TJ's basically admits it.

There's no reason why Faber and Garbrandt would repeatedly talk about how Chris Holdsworth had his career ended by a Dillashaw cheap shot unless it happened...Talking about how you personally don't like someone is one thing, but an accusation like that should not be taken lightly at all- especially when the individual has a history of that behavior.

That video of him cheap shotting Takeru a good 2-3 seconds after the bell confirms it...

Cody might be a hot head but at least he doesn't try to damage and cheap shot the people that put their health on the line to help him.
Pretty much this.

Amazing fighter, huge fucking dick.

Not sure he is a dick. His former team is sure full of Dicks..

TJ is one of my favorite fighters but he's clearly a fucking asshole. I could care less since we don't really hang out, nawwahimsaying....

Eh, get off your high horse. They sell us personalities and image as part of the whole package, it's fine for fans to have opinions based on that. Nobody's going to think you're a badass because you claim to not like or dislike any MMA fighter ever.

Sounds good.

Can anyone post a gif/interview/video where he shows any redeeming personality traits?

There was an interview I watched years ago where he came across like a douche... havnt forgotten it, completely turned me off.

But, we don't watch two people walk into a cage to beat eachother up only because we like how they are as people. I like his fighting style, so I'll always tune in.

In the video, the bell is loud and clear, and both punches were thrown long after.
D9ZKzK.gif

He also ended Chris Holdsworth's career; they were training partners, Holdsworth shot in for a double, ended up on all fours, and Dillashaw kneed him on the top of the head. The resulting concussion forced him to retire.
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/10...h-breaks-silence-about-t-j-dillashaw-incident

There's also these gems:
UFC+bole.jpg

tumblr_n6261q1A8V1ry1rm7o2_r2_250.gif
giphy.gif
I had forgotten about that sparring footage where he cheap shots his partner...

Looking like a douche on the airplane and the luggage thing-a-majig.

We've all been in public places where we're bored out of our trees and wanted to train to pass the time, but come on...

A lot of Mma fans have a very simple mentality where you have to either love or hate a fighter Rogan style and the dislike for fighters who don't epitomise toys like a gi Joe or action man are shunned upon.
So the answer is neither, the problem is more within the community than the fighters lol.

tumblr_n6261q1A8V1ry1rm7o2_r2_250.gif

The bloke behind with the headphones kills it lol, clearly not impressed with tjs nonsense on the plane.

The video of him cheapshotting his sparring partner completely erased any sympathy I had for him after TAM's "bullying" on TUF. He basically confirmed all the shit Faber and Cody were saying about him all along.

the video?? did that come out? I must have missed that? any idea where I can find it

EDIT: didn't realise it was that footage posted above, thought it was the Holdsworth stuff

still...hes a dick

Some good points so far.

I think he’s a relatively good guy even though he comes off as annoying sometimes.

At least you could say he’s the lesser evil in this on going feud with TAM, and potentially DJ.

He has managed to be more level headed and stable, a hell of a lot more, really, than the Alpha Males. That's likely a critical reason Dillashaw found all those holes in Garbrandt's game the first time and why we may well end up doing it again. His public persona can be insufferable to a lot of fans and it's certainly a valid point that if McGregor can point out character flaws as easily as he could, it may mean you have problems. But Dillashaw may be getting to a point where his understanding of the fight game and composure keeps him too far ahead of everyone else sans maybe MM if that fight happens,.

Back