Is Till being treated unfairly?

Am i right in assuming that Wonderboy also has to meet the stipulation?
If yes, then that explains why they chose 188 and not 180
As far as I know, Wonderboy can rehydrate unrestricted. I doubt he would go up to 188 anyway. Fighters do go back up to their walk around eight and usually don't really get back up to the pre cut weight

Maybe more like 5 pounds, possibly more based on how he tilted the scale during weigh-in.

I wonder how many times Till and other fighters have used this trick to grab a couple of pounds and reduce stress on the body?

The commission should be checking fighter stance on the scale. Both feet, flat, in the middle of the plate.

Thompson have every right to call a maximum weight, otherwise he's fighting a LHW.
I've used the trick on slide scales. Put your weight on your heels. I don't think it works on electronic scales

Dude asked for the fight and screwed up. That's just bullshit.

I've used the trick on slide scales. Put your weight on your heels. I don't think it works on electronic scales

It does, I'll show you with a video, and electronic manufacturing data.

Will post later this morning.

It is Till’s decision to cut insane amounts of weight.

Fuck him.

So I'm assuming he has till 1pm in England to make 188lbs...its i almost 3 there. Did he make 188lbs?

Aww poor victim Darren Till is only allowed to be 18 pounds over the required weight for a 1pm weigh in then have another 4-6 more hours to rehydrate more.

Yeah, cry me a fucking river.

Forcing him to be in state where he could easily die is a problem. If you think he has an advantage then refuse the fight. Don't ask to fight a person with a compromised brain.
He shouldn't compromise his own brain then....

yea I know it's happened before, but recently fighters that are missing weight are all winning. I forget what the stat is, but over the last year or 2, the fighter that misses weight wins almost every time. Not sure how many of those had the fight day weigh in, but I don't think it is many at all. For the most part, missing weight is costing you 20-30%, and getting you a win that moves you up in the rankings to bigger pay days.
I believe the streak stands at about 9-0 in favor of the cheaters who don't make weight, 6 or 7 of those being this year.

So I'm assuming he has till 1pm in England to make 188lbs...its i almost 3 there. Did he make 188lbs?
Yes, Till made LHW for his WW fight. Thompson said yesterday he usually walks into the cage at 185 or 186. Till will be at least 10 lbs heavier.

Forcing him to be in state where he could easily die is a problem. If you think he has an advantage then refuse the fight. Don't ask to fight a person with a compromised brain.

Thats his fault and no one elses. He still had 11 lbs to cut the day of, unprofessional. If he needs to be 200 lbs come fight night for a welter weight fight then you get no sympathy. Who needs to rehydrate all the way up to light heavyweight to function for a welter weight fight????! The excuses on here are even worst than the weight cut!

I think WB said he doesn’t get over 185 on fight night, rehydrated and all. Could be wrong.

It's hard to say.

It depends how severe a 188 limit on him is. If he has to keep dehydrated for god knows how long as a result then yes.

I would imagine that Wonderboy will likely weigh in around 190 by the time they're fighting tomorrow. I hardly imagine Till will weigh in that much more, despite missing weight.

Thats his fault and no one elses. He still had 11 lbs to cut the day of, unprofessional. If he needs to be 200 lbs come fight night for a welter weight fight then you get no sympathy. Who needs to rehydrate all the way up to light heavyweight to function for a welter weight fight????! The excuses on here are even worst than the weight cut!

Then refuse the fight. Two wrongs don't make a right.

I hope he does not brag again about LHW fighting WWs and how big he is.

He could have:

A) Made weight and did the bare minimum of what he was contracted to do, like a professional

or

B) Bowed out of the fight after missing weight, like a professional

I dont think making this guy actually make weight at a weight-class-and-a half-above what he was contracted to fight at half a day before he is supposed to fight is unfair. If he wins, he's probably headed toward a title shot soon.

How is it fair to Thompson that his fighter refused to even pretend they were fighting at WW? If he comes in like Skeletor after being allowed to weigh in a day later at 188 then clearly he has NO business at WW and certainly shouldnt be in a title discussion at that weight. This is the second time in 2 weeks that a "hometown favorite" has said screw making weight as long as I get an advantage at home. That's unprofessional and disrespectful no matter how you look at it.

'Treated unfairly,' come on now

Well that makes this thing seem even more fucked up.

It's one thing for both parties to agree on a new stipulation, but to effectively have a new weight limit for one fighter and not the other is unheard of...and unfair.

Obviously till fucked up big time and should be punished but this is just weird.

Thompson actually did his job and made the weight he agreed to when he signed the contract. Till said f it. He should have been taken off the card immediately, just like Dern last week. Why should Thompson have to make weight twice when it was Till that broke his fight contract?

You guys are talking about 'unfair' in relation to a fighter who has missed weight by more than a pound twice so far and is discussions for title contention with a win. How is he possibly going to fight for a title at 170 when he cant even make the weight with the 1lb allowance?

Why is everyone acting like this is unprecedented. They did the same thing when Rumble missed weight for the Vitor fight. He was given a cap for fight day weight he couldn't go over or the fight would be scrapped. Till isn't the first to be given this stipulation.
It was ridiculous then and It's ridiculous now.

Did you see how fucked up Rumble was that fight? He was completely dehydrated. That's how you die.

Get knocked out when In that condition

Back