Is Till being treated unfairly?

But from wonderboys view if he'd refused the fight due to Till cheating to get an advantage then he'd be called a pussy, plus no doubt pressure from Dana for "saving" a cards main event.

Till should be fighting at mw, fight should have been scrapped rather than risk his health and the blame put on Till who should be forced up a weight class like Kelvin was.

I feel he's recieved his fair punishment...however I find it amusing since he constantly rattled on about being a 205'r.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2009/7/22/957709/gatti-gamache-a-damaged-fighters

From the article:

"I don't know anybody outside of the Gatti camp who seriously maintains that Gatti made weight for that fight. They jumped him on and off the scale very quickly. It seemed pretty clear to me that someone at the commission had been told in advance that there might be a problem and the response was, 'Don't worry about it.'"

Last edited:
His smug statements boasting about how he’s a Lhw fighting at ww and nobody can do anything about it make it almost impossible to have any sympathy for him

love his fighting style but i did see an interview of him yesterday talking about how hes definitely going to make weight, he knows he is, etc etc etc

and it just feels like, "good job, retard"

If you play the game to fight in the wrong division, sometimes it doesnt pay off.

If my only requirement to do my job when I show up to work is to make weight, I goddamned well make weight.
Especially if I work once every few months.

You either cancel the whole event or you agree to the stipulations. Dont brag about how big you are then mess up the weight cut becasue you cant say no to the cake.

Only a sensitive moron would claim he's being treated unfairly. They should have said he can't be over 180 to fuck with him. He decided to miss weight, he agreed to the terms.
Am i right in assuming that Wonderboy also has to meet the stipulation?
If yes, then that explains why they chose 188 and not 180

He's not being forced to do anything, like make weight.

There is only one other option, the fight is called off. The adults made their decisions.

"Fighter health first right? That's what they always say."

Yes, so we should care for Wonderboy's health as well. He shouldn't fight a LHW dude in the cage hence Till needs to keep his weight low.
Then just cancel the fight. Making Till cut weight the day off the fight AND fine him seems excessive.

It's his SECOND time missing weight. He's being put in a position where he could potentially challenge for the championship. It comes with the territory. If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

WB doesnt have to meet any requirements.
Well that makes this thing seem even more fucked up.

It's one thing for both parties to agree on a new stipulation, but to effectively have a new weight limit for one fighter and not the other is unheard of...and unfair.

Obviously till fucked up big time and should be punished but this is just weird.

Is 188 really that dehydrated when they are supposed to be fighting at 170? Doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

If having to be nearly a stone and a half heavier than the target weigh in weight is dangerous for Till than he has no future at WW.

Getting to fully re-hydrate and not have to make another weight limit the next day is a reward guaranteed for fighters who make weight when they're supposed to. Granted, some commissions don't do next-day weigh ins when fighters miss weight, but for the ones that do, that's what the fighter gets for making weight. Till deserves zero sympathy in this regard, especially since it's his SECOND time in a short UFC career so far, and he blatantly brags about how big he is and how much he cuts. Whatever sympathy I have for him will be reserved for personal tragedy but not the choices he's made as a fighter.

But the 3,5lbs advantage he had at the scale ...

Maybe more like 5 pounds, possibly more based on how he tilted the scale during weigh-in.

I wonder how many times Till and other fighters have used this trick to grab a couple of pounds and reduce stress on the body?

The commission should be checking fighter stance on the scale. Both feet, flat, in the middle of the plate.

Thompson have every right to call a maximum weight, otherwise he's fighting a LHW.

Well that makes this thing seem even more fucked up.

It's one thing for both parties to agree on a new stipulation, but to effectively have a new weight limit for one fighter and not the other is unheard of...and unfair.

Obviously till fucked up big time and should be punished but this is just weird.
It's standard with some commissions. Fighters know this ahead of time and should adjust accordingly. Till should be glad that WB still took the fight. And why the fuck would they punish WB too when he did nothing wrong? That's fucking retarded!

Maybe more like 5 pounds, possibly more based on how he tilted the scale during weigh-in.

I wonder how many times Till and other fighters have used this trick to grab a couple of pounds and reduce stress on the body?

The commission should be checking fighter stance on the scale. Both feet, flat, in the middle of the plate.

Thompson have every right to call a maximum weight, otherwise he's fighting a LHW.
I am assuming they're using scales that can not be easily manipulated, doesn't matter if he stands on one leg, arms out, whatever, as long as there is 1 point of contact and nothing to support the weight other than that one point, it will press down with the full weight.

I am assuming they're using scales that can not be easily manipulated, doesn't matter if he stands on one leg, arms out, whatever, as long as there is 1 point of contact and nothing to support the weight other than that one point, it will press down with the full weight.

No it won't, that's not how a load-cell works.

I'll post a video later.

Back