Is Till being treated unfairly?

Hopefully we will start to see a turning point where if they are told they cant fully rehydrate they will be forced to go up a class instead of trying to have an advantage in the cage. Honestly it makes me question a the fighters heart, they have balls to fight lighters guys but dont have any to fight same size guys.

yea I know it's happened before, but recently fighters that are missing weight are all winning. I forget what the stat is, but over the last year or 2, the fighter that misses weight wins almost every time. Not sure how many of those had the fight day weigh in, but I don't think it is many at all. For the most part, missing weight is costing you 20-30%, and getting you a win that moves you up in the rankings to bigger pay days.

Fair enough, that's actually a good point.

The Vitor vs Rumble one is actually the only other time I can think of were that stipulation has been imposed.

He'll have like 6 hours to rehydrate again tomorrow before the fight. And if you're a welterweight that is extremely dehydrated at 188lbs on fight day, then you shouldn't be fighting at welterweight. The fact that he needs to even cut again down to 188lbs means he's not a welterweight if you ask me.

I don't know anything about his physiology and I don't have the medical knowledge to make any assumptions here.

But I also have little sympathy. If you want to cut that much weight to have an advantage the possible risks and consequences if it goes wrong are your problem imo.

Last edited:
Maybe if he dies it will be a warning to other fighters not to try the same tactic.

Forcing him to be in state where he could easily die is a problem. If you think he has an advantage then refuse the fight. Don't ask to fight a person with a compromised brain.

If him, his team, or the Doctors say he is not fit at 188lbs. He should not fight...........No way has WB been less than fair.

Two different arguements being put forth here.

1. Some are saying that if he is dehydrated at 188lbs, he should'nt be fighting at welterweight. That may be true. BUT, that's a discussion for future fights.

2. The real discussion should be: should he be fighting in the cage severely dehydrated and risking brain damage or worst case death, because his brain fluid has not been replaced in time.

My view is allow him to rehydrate properly or cancel the fight. You can discuss appropriate weight classes for future fights. Not on the fly, hours before a fight.

if the guy cares about his Health then dont cut weight from 210 to make 170...fuck this guy seriously FUCK HIM

2. The real discussion should be: should he be fighting in the cage severely dehydrated and risking brain damage or worst case death, because his brain fluid has not been replaced in time.

If he's not fit, he should not fight. Simple. But a couple of you are clinging to the notion he is being "FORCED" to do so, and that is not the case at all. His side can pull the plug on the fight at any time......and still may. But his side has absolutely no right to act the victim here at all.

Holy Ell.....He agreed months ago to 170, agreed yesterday to 188 (13 above his weight at the time)......If you can't make those weights, don't make those agreements.

Last edited:
If you are going to be dehydrated 18 lbs ABOVE the scheduled bout limit, You should not be fighting in that weight class.

It was my first thought also. If he is still dehydrated to an extent then they are putting him at risk. Many are now saying dehydration in fighters leads to brain damage. If this was the only solution then the fight should have been scrapped

He made his own bed by gloating how huge of a WW he is. The only annoying thing now is the amount of redundant threads going on and on about it, but yeah...

tenor.gif

He was going to lose anyways, he should've made weight like a professional, but now he's getting punished. He was already getting punished by stepping in there with Wonderboy.

Two different arguements being put forth here.

1. Some are saying that if he is dehydrated at 188lbs, he should'nt be fighting at welterweight. That may be true. BUT, that's a discussion for future fights.

My view is allow him to rehydrate properly or cancel the fight. You can discuss appropriate weight classes for future fights. Not on the fly, hours before a fight.

He made his own choice though. He didn't have to accept those terms. You can also blame the UFC for offering and allowing him to fight under such terms, but Dern Till is just as responsible for accepting those terms, maybe even more responsible since he had the final say.

This would not have been a problem is Darren Till made weight.

It's hard to say.

It depends how severe a 188 limit on him is. If he has to keep dehydrated for god knows how long as a result then yes.

I would imagine that Wonderboy will likely weigh in around 190 by the time they're fighting tomorrow. I hardly imagine Till will weigh in that much more, despite missing weight.

IF he can't make the 188 safely,,, he needs to fight at a different weight. Yes Wonderboy will be around 190 fight time. Wonderboy =SMART ...and imo Fair.

Til is gonna get beat down by WB like he beat down Cowboy. I am looking forward to this.

He did it to himself. Deserves the fine for being unprofessional. He CHOOSES to cut tons of weight to fight smaller guys, nobody makes him.

MMA is inherently dangerous he knew the risks when he signed up. If something happens to him because of A failed weight cut he CHOSE to make there's No one to blame but him.

He'll have like 6 hours to rehydrate again tomorrow before the fight. And if you're a welterweight that is extremely dehydrated at 188lbs on fight day, then you shouldn't be fighting at welterweight. The fact that he needs to even cut again down to 188lbs means he's not a welterweight if you ask me.

Yes... 188 is 18lb more than his required weighin weight. Thats 2 gallons of H2O. He gets to add 14.5 lbs from his failed weight at weighin. Then he has more time before the fight to hydrate and add weight. He also said in interview he was a couple lb ahead of schedule at one point. HE SHOULD MAKE WEIGHT EASILY. If not... SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG.

Only a sensitive moron would claim he's being treated unfairly. They should have said he can't be over 180 to fuck with him. He decided to miss weight, he agreed to the terms.

Back