Is "Thug" a Racist Word?

Is "Thug" a racist word?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe these idiots should stop promoting "Thug Life" and creating rap song about thugs? Anyone thought of this simple solution?
What idiots? You're talking like it's all the same, what about KRS-One, Common, or K-Rino? There's a lot of guys in rap denouncing that lifestyle, rock and roll has always sold on the bad boy image but you wouldn't lump all white people in with those popular acts.

This guy never gets called a thug in the mainstream media:
hqdefault.jpg

Just like how this guy never gets called a hillybilly, redneck, retard from the South, white trash, etc:
AG-Wilson-Sitting-Desk.jpg

Fuck right off with this nonsense about how calling someone a thug is racist. If you want to be taken seriously, act in a manner that is universally respectable. It's really not hard to understand. Don't present yourself like these guys:

edc88a902d6136407b77b7eab51df481--punk-mohawk-face-tattoos.jpg

up-EDKD01FTTAHFQ76I.jpg

youngthug1.jpg

Because only black people are thugs. Everyone else are law abiding citizens.

What idiots? You're talking like it's all the same, what about KRS-One, Common, or K-Rino? There's a lot of guys in rap denouncing that lifestyle, rock and roll has always sold on the bad boy image but you wouldn't lump all white people in with those popular acts.
None of those guys you mentioned are mainstream popular. Hence those ppl continue to perpetuate the stereotype that black males have to act cool and thuggish to sell.

And to answer tc question. No it isn't racist per se, but it is inherently used biasly in the media when talking about black dudes. It's along the same spectrum as the word ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/er."

None of those guys you mentioned are mainstream popular. Hence those ppl continue to perpetuate the stereotype that black males have to act cool and thuggish to sell.

And to answer tc question. No it isn't racist per se, but it is inherently used biasly in the media when talking about black dudes. It's along the same spectrum as the word ":eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/er."
Who are those people?

This is true. But on the flip side are white racists who are more worried about being called racists than addressing their actual racist beliefs and actions.
I'm nearly as turned off by virtue signaling as I am by racism.

They're similar. Racism is virtue signaling between assholes.

I'm nearly as turned off by virtue signaling as I am by racism.

They're similar. Racism is virtue signaling between assholes.
The funniest thing are the people who will accuse other people of racism WHILE saying something racist.

The funniest thing are the people who will accuse other people of racism WHILE saying something racist.

ROFL.
I get to hear people let their anger talk for them a LOT.

A whole lot. In fact I'm hearing it right now around a corner, some dude is losing it and threatening to call police.

He's very drunk though so...

It's the same issue with calling someone an animal. Even though the intent may not be there, some people do substitute thug or animal for even less savory words used to describe black criminals.

Personally, I use the words to describe the person based upon their behavior and it has little or nothing to do with race. If there was a video of ten people attacking a helpless victim, I would call them thugs or animals.

But let's be honest, a video depicting that behavior is much more likely to be circulated if the attackers are black.

Monster is more likely to be used to depict some white child molester or murderer.

Just for fun, I did a search for "thug" and what happened next will shock you!

Mostly black guys with tats and throwing up gang signs, a few memes with pathetic white kids trying to act tough, and then a bunch of big, black penises. I called off the search at that point, and reconsidered changing my "safe search" parameters.

Looks like there's 11 fucking morons that actually voted that thug Is a racist word...for suck sakes

And one of those voters is rational poster. What a surprise...lol

Back