Is this the worst year in UFC history!

Gladiator24

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This year has been terrible for the UFC! It's main star has been out getting into trouble with no return planned! Fights getting cancelled left right and centre! Meanwhile boxing is at its best it's been in for a number of years. There's been little to no hype for any of the UFC events, I barely even knew there was an event this weekend.

The UFC has gone backwards since last year.

according to Sherdog every year is the worst year, been seeing these threads for almost a decade.

Conor will save us all when he versus Khabib is announced in the next few days. And, on Conor cards, most fighters will not pull owing to the viewership and payouts. And even when his opponent predicatably pulls, the card still remains awesome, like 189. We have simply been spoiled by the 189, 194, 196, 202 and 205's and are experiencing withdrawal. Heck, the high point of last year, by far, was the MayMac build up and hype wars - GSP's return was great but never hot it's own subforum.

Is this the worst year in UFC history!

It's only going to get worse as fighter pay increases.

When fighters have savings and they can afford representation and management that have a vested interest in their safety...they are going to pull out fights and not take fights on short notice.

In the past, fighters had no choice but to fight or they would be evicted from their studio apartments. Today fighters have savings which allows them to refuse fights.

Decrease fighter pay, and you will get less of this pulling out bullshit.

peaks and valleys. they're currently in a valley.

Is this a question? and if so, why did you end it with an exclamation mark? see how easy it is?? question marks ??

What happen that year ?
Off the top of my head, many injuries, an event getting cancelled, TJ fighting 24-hour replacement Soto in one of the weakest PPVs ever, and just a total lack of draws.

What happen that year ?

• 2014, there were 153 changes to cards because of injury or illness, either directly or indirectly.
  • 2014, there were only three events (out of 46) that did not go through any changes, injuries or otherwise, whatsoever: the TUF 19 Finale, UFC Fight Night 57, and the TUF 20 Finale.
I remember it because that was the year PPV dipped badly & everyone started with "UFC is dying"

Off the top of my head, many injuries, an event getting cancelled, TJ fighting 24-hour replacement Soto in one of the weakest PPVs ever, and just a total lack of draws.

• 2014, there were 153 changes to cards because of injury or illness, either directly or indirectly.
  • 2014, there were only three events (out of 46) that did not go through any changes, injuries or otherwise, whatsoever: the TUF 19 Finale, UFC Fight Night 57, and the TUF 20 Finale.
I remember it because that was the year PPV dipped badly & everyone started with "UFC is dying"

Wow! Didn't remember that it was that bad. Definitely, 2014 shows the middle finger to this thread...

Wow! Didn't remember that it was that bad. Definitely, 2014 shows the middle finger to this thread...

Yep, like I said
That was the first year that "UFC is dying" was popular on here
Then they had 3 straight record breaking years

PS ... although this year won't beat 2017 for sure

Yep, like I said
That was the first year that "UFC is dying" was popular on here
Then they had 3 straight record breaking years

PS ... although this year won't beat 2017 for sure
Agreed.

It's only going to get worse as fighter pay increases.

When fighters have savings and they can afford representation and management that have a vested interest in their safety...they are going to pull out fights and not take fights on short notice.

In the past, fighters had no choice but to fight or they would be evicted from their studio apartments. Today fighters have savings which allows them to refuse fights.

Decrease fighter pay, and you will get less of this pulling out bullshit.
Hi Dana

Back