Is this the most incredible comeback of all time in the UFC HW history?

Lesnar vs Carwin.

Regardless if Brock is roided or not, a lot of roided guys can´t take half a punch to the chin (Overeem)............. and Brock just took almost a hundred punches from probably THE hardest hitter in the ufc HW history Shane Carwin who can knock guys out with half a punch and who admitted he was on roids back then too. A lot of people thought this fight should´ve been stopped. What´s your opinion?

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1b-250-sg.gif

thumb3_ufc_116_brock_lesnar_vs_shane_carwin_6.jpg

sv6ey0.gif

It was a great comeback only because great ref Josh Rosenthal didn't stop the fight. If Herb Dean, Marc Goddard or any of those other "Quick Stoppage" refs would've been the 3rd man in the cage Lesnar would've lost and Carwin would've had his hand raised in victory. Josh Rosenthal and Big John are the best refs in the business.

His suspension is probably over by feb next year or something. This is a good moment for money fights in the UFC, he´d probably go straight to a TS in this new wme era.
He is “retired” he need to un-retire, rejoin the USADA testing pool and THEN finish the year left on his suspension.

Lesnar vs Carwin.

Regardless if Brock is roided or not, a lot of roided guys can´t take half a punch to the chin (Overeem)............. and Brock just took almost a hundred punches from probably THE hardest hitter in the ufc HW history Shane Carwin who can knock guys out with half a punch and who admitted he was on roids back then too. A lot of people thought this fight should´ve been stopped. What´s your opinion?

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

sv6ey0.gif
kongo vs barry way bigger come back for one. Also roids 100 percent help with your recovery so you cant really say roids aside when that's a major reason for the fight going the way it did

No.

Brock ran away into a fetal position....The ref could've stopped it and nobody would give a shit...In fact, Im sure Lesnar wanted that shit stopped...I guess he didn't tap but he mentally quit.

Same with overeem, dude quit ASAP lol.

He did the opposite of quit. He could have easily facilitated a stoppage by not responding to the ref. He did.

He did the opposite of quit. He could have easily facilitated a stoppage by not responding to the ref. He did.
I seen guys is way better position than leaner got there fight stopped...nobody gives a shit.

He is lucky the ref didnt stop it and carwin gassed.

Nice try, however what you don't grasp (n what makes your point irrelevant) is that the guy laid on his back, turtling up, and getting punched in the head and body for 2 minutes, when hundreds of other fights have been stopped for far less.

<YeahOKJen>

So you just gonna copy/paste what I write n think you're smart?

Fights are stopped for fighters safety.

letting a guy in a fight, while he was done long time ago is a legit reason to stop a fight.

Ref gotta make that call. He can either stop it too early while the guy was still able to fight or stop it late n let the guy get beat up even more for no reason.

When the ref stops the fight we can argue wheather it was good call or no. Depends on the opinion

However if he choose not to stop the fight n the guy who was in a tough spot ends up winning, then the ref clearly made the right call.

Again you gotta be an idiot to argue that the fight should've been stopped

also russow and duffee where we got the legendary hammer fist of doom

I like when people look back at this fight and say " Brock doesn't like getting hit " , like there is some fucker out there who would enjoy taking punches from Carwin.

the fight should have been called in the first. it reminded me of all the chances sakuraba would get in pride.

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.

Nonsense. The UFC doesn't even talk to the referees.

No, only because Carwin gassed after the first round. It was more of a choke by Carwin than a comeback by Brock.

So in conclusion the referee made the perfect decision not to stop the fight and it was a legendary comeback by Lesnar, ending Carwin's undefeated streak and cementing his status as HW GOAT.

I think Kongo vs Barry, Kongo was on spaghetti legs badly, got clipped/dropped so many times the fight could of been stopped and no one would of called it a bad stoppage.

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.

Brock came back and won. So why should it have been stopped, if the guy taking a beating was able to recover?

Not really a fitting fight for a great comeback story. Its not as Brock started to change his gameplan and dominate. Carwin just punched himself completely out and could not offer any meaningful resistance in R2.
Otherwise Brock would have done the Disco Brock from Cain fight again.

A great comeback story is when you face adversity and fight back. Brock just turtled up in R1, got saved by the bell and finished a gassed Carwin. His other fights showed that he is a pure frontrunner.

But if you want great comeback fights because the opponent gassed out imo Nogueira-Sapp and Sakuraba-Rampage are at the top.

The greatest instant "comeback" imo was that: Just unbelievable. I thought he would be paralyzed and 45seconds later he submits Kevin.

randleman+fedor+suplex.gif

Brock was pushing Carwin off and acknowledging the ref. If Lesnar had just turtled the ref would have stopped it.

That fight was epic, that was when MMA was at its peak and best (2009) . Great event UFC 116. Its certainly one of the best comebacks, and of course Kongo vs Barry too

Lesnar vs Carwin.

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

sv6ey0.gif
Lesner stood a humbled man after that fight

Brock was pushing Carwin off and acknowledging the ref. If Lesnar had just turtled the ref would have stopped it.

a very light pushing ;)

brock-lesnar-o.gif

If this wouldnt have been the UFC cash cow number 1 many refs would have stopped the fight.

Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann

Leben when he KO'd that black fighter when he was practically out. (Could have been Brazilian)

Back