Is this the most incredible comeback of all time in the UFC HW history?

It's up there.
Also Smith vs sell
Fedor vs Randleman
Kongo vs barry

Lesnar vs Carwin.

Regardless if Brock is roided or not, a lot of roided guys can´t take half a punch to the chin (Overeem)............. and Brock just took almost a hundred punches from probably THE hardest hitter in the ufc HW history Shane Carwin who can knock guys out with half a punch and who admitted he was on roids back then too. A lot of people thought this fight should´ve been stopped. What´s your opinion?

brock-lesnar-o.gif

giphy.gif

UFC116-ShaneCarwinWinXBrockLesnar1b-250-sg.gif

thumb3_ufc_116_brock_lesnar_vs_shane_carwin_6.jpg

sv6ey0.gif

Probably the best in a title fight. Kongo/Barry is the best though by far.

If Sara McMann can get TKOd in like 10 seconds by falling into the cage due a knee to the liver, after which no follow up punches were even landed, then Lesnar should have fucking lost that fight.

Laying on your back taking punches the face for 2 solid minutes is not intelligently defending yourself.
The McMann stoppage was a joke, you couldn't have picked a worse example if you tried. Also, salty shirt-lifter detected.

I never get these types of arguments?

Well the guy was clearly laying on his back, doing nothing, and getting punched in the face by a HW for 2 minutes.

That right there should be a clue that the fight should have been stopped.

Nice try, however what you don't seem to grasp (n what makes your point irrelevant) is that the guy finished his opponent in the very next round.

He was still able to fight n the proof of that was the 2nd round.

So once again thinking the fight should've been stopped at the time of the end of round one is excusable

Thinking the fight should've been stopped now is idiotic

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.

No the fight shouldn't have been stopped. Hate when people say this stupid shit, especially when the guy comes back to win the fight.

Them winning the fight is LITERALLY proof that it was rightfully allowed to go on. You make no fuckin sense dawg

Stipe vs Overeem.

In the post fight Stipe thought he'd been dropped by a kick, if Overeem had flurried punches instead of going for the guillotine it was all over. and Overeem claimed the phantom tap in the post fight too.

I think the main thing this fight proved was that Lesnar's PED program > Carwin's. We witnessed an insane recovery (between rounds) from Lesnar & an equally absurd gassing from Carwin (who said afterwards that his body basically went into shock).

Nogueira revealed years later that he was completely unconscious when he was power bombed on his head by Sapp... Later in the fight he came back and submitted Sapp, despite being completely and utterly unconscious.

Sometimes how a fight should end, and how it actually ends don't coincide.
I disagree. This is probably an unpopular opinion here but I feel most fights are stopped too soon. Most of these men come to die, those that don't can tap out. That option is always on the table. Far too often these men are robbed of the opportunity to display their true grit.

Stipe vs Overeem.

In the post fight Stipe thought he'd been dropped by a kick, if Overeem had flurried punches instead of going for the guillotine it was all over. and Overeem claimed the phantom tap in the post fight too.
Stipes not the crispiest cracker in Cleveland to begin with. Throw a concussion in the mix and I'm surprised he remembered the knockdown at all.

Not so much of a comeback more of a complete collapse of a fighter, I remember watching it live and thinking I can't believe Carwin gassed that badly-
rz4Hc0.gif

The fight should have been stopped. I remember screaming at the TV that the fight needed to be stopped.

I don't believe the UFC "fixes" fights per say, but I do believe they "encourage" or "suggest" to the referees to let certain fighters have more time to defend themselves before a fight is ruled to be over, or to end a fight faster if a fighter appears to be in trouble.

You wanting a fighter to lose doesn't mean the fight should be stopped to please you.

It's silly to suggest that fight should have been stopped given that lesnar was never not responding to the ref, and got to his feet the same round. It "could" have been stopped but saying it should have been given what happened is stupid. Carwin didn't close it out. He tried.

Back