Is this the biggest upset of all-time in MMA?

#1 Rockhold vs Bisping 2
Rockhold was -1200 at fight time. Bisping was like +900.

Keep in mind that was a short notice fight where Rockhold had a full camp and Bisping was fresh off a movie set.

This is definitely up there in terms of expected outcomes. Nobody gave Bisping a shot. He was short notice and had been obliterated in their first fight. And he KO's him? Just totally surreal when he gave birth to Rocksalt.

I don't remember the odds, but I remember many people giving Gonzaga no chance at all against Cro Cop. And anyone who did, definitely wasn't expecting what we got. That shit was crazy.

This is definitely up there in terms of expected outcomes. Nobody gave Bisping a shot. He was short notice and had been obliterated in their first fight. And he KO's him? Just totally surreal when he gave birth to Rocksalt.

I don't remember the odds, but I remember many people giving Gonzaga no chance at all against Cro Cop. And anyone who did, definitely wasn't expecting what we got. That shit was crazy.
The reason to me why the Rockhold and Bisping rematch is the biggest upset ever is because it was a rematch. All the other fights in contendership were first runs. We thought GSP would run through Serra but we never seen actually saw before how that fight. We thought Lil Nog would run through Sokoudju but we never actually saw it before. Even with Ronda vs Holly, people thought Holly was going to be another sacrifical lamb but we never seen them fight before.

Most (I did have 1 friend that said Bisping was going to win. He actually said he just had a feeling and didn't give any reasons) people thought Rockhold would blow the doors off Bisping because we had previously seen Rockhold obliderate Bisping before (the first round was competitive but clearly Rockhold. The second round was a massacre).

That's why to me Bisping vs Rockhold is greatest upset ever.

Back