Is this the best the heavies has been in years?

Could be...
We've got what we've got at the moment with :
Buatsi 25
Dubois 20
Parker 26

Who look good and have so much more time and ability to improve on for once the currents have all fought each other...
Im excited anyway.

Could be...
We've got what we've got at the moment with :
Buatsi 25
Dubois 20
Parker 26

Who look good and have so much more time and ability to improve on for once the currents have all fought each other...
Im excited anyway.

Buatsi won't fight at HW, hes too small imo

The British HW scene has some good talent though. As well as Dubois, both Gorman and Fury are still under 24, and will improve. Joe Joyce looks at lot better in the pro ranks than I thought he would. I also thought he was a little undersized and didn't realise he was 6ft 6

I think the division is going to come alive in the next few year. No doubt there is some talented young heavies in Eastern Europe/US as well. And Usyk is gonna come up
Exciting times

I just want wilder / Joshua. Unfortunately this being boxing it will probably happen after one of them lose or gets old.
Whites win puts Deontay in an even worse position now. Deontay needs to stop talking and start putting h9s words into actions. Although his management team take some of the responsibility for not providing him with the right actions.

Does Deontay have a fight lined up? Thought he was aiming for brazeale in August? What's happening with him? They just had one of the most exciting heavy weight cards of the year this weekend.

Start hustling Deontay.

Whites win puts Deontay in an even worse position now. Deontay needs to stop talking and start putting h9s words into actions. Although his management team take some of the responsibility for not providing him with the right actions.

Does Deontay have a fight lined up? Thought he was aiming for brazeale in August? What's happening with him? They just had one of the most exciting heavy weight cards of the year this weekend.

Start hustling Deontay.

Read post. Saw location. Was not surprised.

Anything to deflect the fact that the UK's golden boy has blatentantly been ducking his biggest challange.

Anything to deflect the fact that the UK's golden boy has blatentantly been ducking his biggest challange.
Read post, saw location, was not surprised.

Anything to deflect the fact that the US's golden boy has blatantly been ducking every challenge.

Lol
Sap.

Last edited:

Well, nah. The chisora takam fight was awesome and so was the whyte parker fight.

This puts whyte DESERVEDLY In a mandatory spot. It'll also be a rematch if whyte face Joshua and will be one of if not, THE biggest grossing domestic boxing match ever.

And although you may claim it's only England. Pulling almost a million ppvs isn't too bad..

If you like boxing I would have thought after this weekend that you'd be up for any of the good heavyweight fights as this has livened up the division.

And going back to my point. It definitely doesn't help Deontay. Eddie is laughing all the way to the bank at the moment.

Haha yeah AJs giving wilder 7 times more than he’s ever earned before and has signed the contract. You’d have to be a fckin mug to see it as Joshua ducking

I think the Wilder/Fury business can put all the ducking shit to rest on both sides. Theyve been playing us like a fiddle lol.

At HW, they generally don't. Even Holyfield had mixed results at heavy.

He'll beat Malik Scott and the like. Not Joshua or Wilder.
Usyk isnt facing the caliber that Holyfield did. And not many CWs come up with the style that Usyk has.

Joshua and Wilder are the only ones Id favor over him, being that they both have retard power and are very long. Even then, hed likely make both look like fools for stretches.

The division isn't too bad right now, although I think Povetkin is going to get taken out soon.

People forget how bad the division was before Wlad took over.

Vitali was generally perceived as the best fighter, but kept getting injured every time he started training for his mandatory, Hasim Rahman. And then retired multiple times. Ruiz...less said the better. He was a byword during that era for gratuitous clinching, and his trilogy with Holyfield was allegedly excruciating. (I never watched it myself, I admit.) RJJ got a belt and then left the division. Toney got a belt, got stripped for steroid use, and spent the rest of the period getting more and more overweight.

Chris Byrd had great technical gifts, but he was small and boring despite his best efforts to spice things up with the occasional showboating. He squeaked by on very close decisions, a bit like a 2000s Jimmy Young. And Holyfield stuck around long past any hope of regaining a championship...until a 45 year old version fought a prime Valuev basically to a draw.

Meanwhile, Brewster was the highlight for a while -- his fight with Wlad, followed by the Krasniqi slugfest, put him high on the list -- but he fought too many wars, and burned out so badly that he lost to Liakhovich. Who in turn got squashed by an asthmatic Briggs would could *barely* force his body to throw the 12th round punches that put a helpless Liakhovich away.

By contrast, 2018 has a decent pool of contenders. Assuming Joshua and Wilder eventually fight, it might even live up to its potential. At the very least, we only have two beltholders instead of 4, and the prospects for unification look a lot rosier.

I think the Wlad era improved from the mid-2000s nadir as it went along, although it was bland. The current era is pretty decent all things considered. I should probably follow it more closely than I do.

You don't think Lennox and Wlad are the two best heavyweights of the last 25 years?
Bearing in mind Tyson, Holyfield, Buster Douglas and Bowe all peaked more than 25 years ago.
Well, Lennox certainly wasnt at his peak when he beat a shell of Tyson.

Lets see how he bounces back from his year long ban for doping first.
Didn't know that. Pretty shady missing three tests in a row. Probably got off lightly considering he could have got longer for testing positive.

Usyk is smaller than Haye and doesn't hit as hard either.
Watch Haye vs Wlad to see how Usyk vs Fury/Joshua would look. Size matters.

Different style of fighting though. David Haye was always more of a pot shotter where as Usyk is perpetual motion. Wlad was the worst style of all for Haye to fight hence why he hardly threw anything against Wlad. Usyk would be a lot busier.

Different style of fighting though. David Haye was always more of a pot shotter where as Usyk is perpetual motion. Wlad was the worst style of all for Haye to fight hence why he hardly threw anything against Wlad. Usyk would be a lot busier.

Haye was forced to potshot against Valuev and Wlad because they used their long jabs to keep him at bay. He was literally leaping into range.

Reach:

85" - Valuev
85" - Fury

83" - Wilder

82" - Joshua

81" - Wlad

78" - Haye
78" - Usyk

77" - Huck

76" - Gassiev

75" - Briedis
75" - Glowacki

For what it's worth, I think Usyk would probably beat Wilder and the current version of Fury but lose to Joshua.

Last edited:
Fury is a worse matchup than AJ imo.

Haye was forced to potshot against Valuev and Wlad because they used their long jabs to keep him at bay. He was literally leaping into range.

Reach:

85" - Valuev
85" - Fury

83" - Wilder

82" - Joshua

81" - Wlad

78" - Haye
78" - Usyk

77" - Huck

76" - Gassiev

75" - Briedis
75" - Glowacki

For what it's worth, I think Usyk would probably beat Wilder and Fury and lose to Joshua.

That is also Hayes style of fighting hence why it was such a bad match up for him vs. Wlad.

Usyk is smaller than Haye and doesn't hit as hard either.
Watch Haye vs Wlad to see how Usyk vs Fury/Joshua would look. Size matters.
Usyk is infinitely more technically sound than Haye.
Usyk and Haye also have the exact same reach and exact same height.

Haye and Holyfield both bulked up a lot to make HW.
You either forgot or did not live through this part of the latter's career:
evander+light.jpg

Usyk is infinitely more technically sound than Haye.
Usyk and Haye also have the exact same reach and exact same height.

Haye and Holyfield both bulked up to make HW.
You either forgot or did not live through this part of the latter's career:
evander+light.jpg

No their not the same height mate.

Haye is listed at 2" taller than what he actually is, for all I know Usyk may also be shorter, those listings are BS.

If you type in Celebrity heights David Haye you'll see there's a site where the guy actually stands next to people and takes the photo, Haye I think is 6'1 minus the hair and if you look at his bulky build at HW it rings true.

In fact I'll gift you the link .............

https://www.celebheights.com/s/David-Haye-47971.html

Back