Is this the best the heavies has been in years?

I guess this is why rhere are debates. . . . I would not include Chagaev, Haye, Peter or Valuev on any list.

Valuev is technically the worst professional boxer I’ve ever seen. Him being a hw champ is embarrassing

Anyone familiar with Nathan Gorman? Another boxer with a travelers background.
Supposedly he has good sparring sessions with Dubios

Valuev's peak was 2008, after he beat Ruiz for the second time.
I’m not buying that at all, he looked like dog shit against liakovich Ruiz Holyfield and haye, be probably fought his best fight vs chagaev. If you’re comparing cross eras valuev doesn’t mean anything.

I’m not buying that at all, he looked like dog shit against liakovich Ruiz Holyfield and haye, be probably fought his best fight vs chagaev. If you’re comparing cross eras valuev doesn’t mean anything.

He was somebody you couldn't train for. It's hard to find sparring partners who are 7'0 tall, 300lb+ with a solid chin and over 15 years of pro boxing experience.
A lot of people consider Haye the best cruiserweight of the last 20 years and he barely squeezed by Valuev.
There isn't a single fighter who looked good against Valuev.

He was somebody you couldn't train for. It's hard to find sparring partners who are 7'0 tall, 300lb+ with a solid chin and over 15 years of pro boxing experience.
A lot of people consider Haye the best cruiserweight of the last 20 years and he barely squeezed by Valuev.
I don’t consider haye to be the best cruiser. Valuev probably lost to 45 year old Holyfield as well. Valuev doesn’t belong in the conversation. Either klitschko beat him any day ending with a y. Put valuev in a deep era and he’s cannon fodder.

It's looking good and you have some others coming through as well like Daniel Dubois, Joe Joyce, George Arias and Plechko

EDIT: I forgot about Usyk. I don't think he'll conquer the top guys at HW but he'll certainly make it interesting.

EDIT: I forgot Tony Yoka as well. Olympic gold medallist (thought Joe Joyce was robbed personally)
Im extremely interested in Usyk at HW. Hes not small by any means. Im really hopeful he can carry some power and chin up. He makes the division wildly better.

It's looking good and you have some others coming through as well like Daniel Dubois, Joe Joyce, George Arias and Plechko

EDIT: I forgot about Usyk. I don't think he'll conquer the top guys at HW but he'll certainly make it interesting.

EDIT: I forgot Tony Yoka as well. Olympic gold medallist (thought Joe Joyce was robbed personally)

Yoka has quite some homework to do if he wants to be relevant at the Euro level, let alone world elite.

I don't know, homie.

Chagaev never lived up to what he was supposed to be able to do.
Valuev primarily fought old vets that were shot.
And Haye, at heavy, beat overmatched guys with nice looking records. His two meaningful fights at heavy (Wlad and Valuev) were mind numbingly boring. Think of that: Haye was timid and cautious against Valuev. Aside from 1 big punch that fight was up there with Wlad vs Sultan Ibragimov
Haye is a sham now. Valuev is laughable and we should forget about him. haye decided he jist wanted to look good and beat way over matched guys with pretty records that did absolutely nothing for him.

Is anyone actually interested in the haye bellew rematch? I mean I'll watch it in the vein hope hayes foot explodes and Tony wins..

Im extremely interested in Usyk at HW. Hes not small by any means. Im really hopeful he can carry some power and chin up. He makes the division wildly better.
I'm also real interested but I have doubts about him having enough power to deter the big heavies.

Yoka has quite some homework to do if he wants to be relevant at the Euro level, let alone world elite.

Yeah I wasn't that impressed with him when I saw him at the Olympics. The way that they were talking him up I thought he was the next Muhammed Ali. Then he some how got the win against Joyce when pretty much everyone but the french thought he had lost.

I guess I would say this era of HWs is fairly consistent with recent eras. A couple of guys who are better than everyone else and then a bunch of tough guy wannabes below them. Wilder and Joshua are the top guys there, then who is there? Big Baby or whatever he's called? That fat Polish Arreola? Joseph Parker is going to get ruined against Joshua. which will show the class difference with every guys like Ruiz and Li'l Fury.

Once Wilder vs Joshua gets sorted out and we know who's the the best. it'll be a noncompetitive division again.

I think that’s dependent on fury. I didn’t think he’d come back but he’s looking in decent physical shape at the moment (relative to his past fighting physique). For this era to be decent we need fury or another guy to challenge the big 2 imo

I think that’s dependent on fury. I didn’t think he’d come back but he’s looking in decent physical shape at the moment (relative to his past fighting physique). For this era to be decent we need fury or another guy to challenge the big 2 imo

Is he is decent shape? I haven't seen him in a while. I'd be happy to see that he is taking care of himself again, because for a while there I was not concerned about whether or not he'd box again at all, I was just concerned that he'd turn up dead soon.

That guy isn't slick or skilled enough to stand in there with much bigger guys. Absorbing shots and waiting for guys to wear out is a different game when your opponents are suddenly 30 pounds heavier.

Usyk is pretty small. He won a bronze medal at middleweight at the age of 19 at the 2006 European Amateur Boxing Championships.
Guys like Joshua and Tyson Fury will likely be at least 20 lbs heavier if they fight.

Is he is decent shape? I haven't seen him in a while. I'd be happy to see that he is taking care of himself again, because for a while there I was not concerned about whether or not he'd box again at all, I was just concerned that he'd turn up dead soon.

In all fairness his conditioning has never been what you’d expect but he’s dropped almost all of the weight. Looks decent on the pads and has been sparring. I’ve never been too concerned about getting physically back in to shape, it’s his mental state that I think is the bigger issue. We’ll have to just wait and see when he comes back

Haye is a sham now. Valuev is laughable and we should forget about him. haye decided he jist wanted to look good and beat way over matched guys with pretty records that did absolutely nothing for him.

Is anyone actually interested in the haye bellew rematch? I mean I'll watch it in the vein hope hayes foot explodes and Tony wins..

Ive Been a fan of haye his whole pro career but he needs to retire. He can’t fight 12 rounds and bellew was unable to really hurt a guy with 1 leg. Why the fck is this a ppv

World amateur bronze medalist Joseph Goodall is turning pro in a couple of weeks. He beat the top Russian and the top Ukrainian before losing to eventual gold medalist Majidov (now a 3-time world champion). He's the best Australian HW prospect in decades.

He's 6'4 1/2 and he's a 225 lbs.
He's tough and can dig deep if he has to.

Last edited:
Back