Is this the best the heavies has been in years?

MC Paul Barman

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
AJ
Wilder
Parker
Fury (possibly)
Povetkin
Big Baby Miller
Whyte

And they seem to be willing to fight each other.
Not like when you had guys like Wach, Helenius, and others who only wanted to feast on nobodies and has-beens until they'd get their big shot only to lose to Klitschko.

Probably, though they still show a little too much skin.

Oh wait, you probably meant boxing, right?

It's looking good and you have some others coming through as well like Daniel Dubois, Joe Joyce, George Arias and Plechko

EDIT: I forgot about Usyk. I don't think he'll conquer the top guys at HW but he'll certainly make it interesting.

EDIT: I forgot Tony Yoka as well. Olympic gold medallist (thought Joe Joyce was robbed personally)

Last edited:
Not that it's too difficult. But yes I think it's making a decent come back and is the best it's been in a decade. Or at least the future looks better.

Joe Joyce and Dubois look good to. I really like Dubois

I guess I would say this era of HWs is fairly consistent with recent eras. A couple of guys who are better than everyone else and then a bunch of tough guy wannabes below them. Wilder and Joshua are the top guys there, then who is there? Big Baby or whatever he's called? That fat Polish Arreola? Joseph Parker is going to get ruined against Joshua. which will show the class difference with every guys like Ruiz and Li'l Fury.

Once Wilder vs Joshua gets sorted out and we know who's the the best. it'll be a noncompetitive division again.

I guess I would say this era of HWs is fairly consistent with recent eras. A couple of guys who are better than everyone else and then a bunch of tough guy wannabes below them. Wilder and Joshua are the top guys there, then who is there? Big Baby or whatever he's called? That fat Polish Arreola? Joseph Parker is going to get ruined against Joshua. which will show the class difference with every guys like Ruiz and Li'l Fury.

Once Wilder vs Joshua gets sorted out and we know who's the the best. it'll be a noncompetitive division again.

Joseph Parker could screw the whole Johua vs Wilder plan

Eddie Hearn:

Wilder and Joshua are the top guys there, then who is there?

Nobody. This division is no better than it was before. It's only more exciting because the top guys are beatable.

2007-12 was deeper than 2013-present.

Wlad (Future Hall of Famer)
Vitali (Hall of Famer)
Sam Peter (Awkward powerhouse)
David Haye (Explosive and skilled - but better at cruiserweight)
Valuev (Easily the tallest, heaviest world champion ever - never got dropped, never convincingly lost)
Chagaev (Technical southpaw - Super Heavyweight World Amateur Champion)

...all of those guys peaked during that period.

The only elite guys to peak during 2013-present have been:

Joshua (No gas tank and B-level skills)
Fury (No discipline, lacks power for an elite heavyweight)
Wilder (C-level skills)

Last edited:
Joshua is going to destroy Parker. Won’t even be competitive

He is in an league of his own at the moment. Until Tyson returns.

Nipples isn't Polish he's Mexican.

Edit. NVM. He was talking about Polish-American fringe contender Adam Kownacki.

A couple of guys who are better than everyone else and then a bunch of tough guy wannabes below them. Wilder and Joshua are the top guys there, then who is there?

Why are people suddenly forgetting about Ortiz? He was top 3 in most people's eyes before Wilder knocked him out, now he's not even being mentioned.

Why are people suddenly forgetting about Ortiz? He was top 3 in most people's eyes before Wilder knocked him out, now he's not even being mentioned.
I guess cos of his age. He could still do something but he doesn't have that long left.

Personally I think this is a great HW era as you have so many prospects coming through. HW hasn't looked this healthy for a long time.

Because he turns 39 next week and he has a thin resume. Guys like Povetkin and Pulev are ahead of him in the pecking order at this point.

Back