Is this the best reversal from bottom in UFC history?

Well as a blue belt I recommend you go train somewhere else. Where I train if I stick my ****ing head into someones side while in his guard like that my professor would choke the living shit out of me later on to teach me a lesson

Let me clarify something as I know I am being a couch warrior right now: This is an MMA fight and Hughes might have been tired and worn out and even the best make mistakes at that point, and BJ capitalized on it. Kudos for him, but do you honestly, truly, genuinely believe even a decent blue belt would shift their weight right into an opponents side like that while in his full guard?
Wow, a know-it-all blue belt telling a black belt he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Might want to stop for a minute and consider if maybe it’s you who’s fucking clueless here — this is MMA, not a jiu jitsu match. Penn exploited a tiny opportunity brilliantly, you just don’t know enough about either grappling or fighting to see that.

I thought you got 4 points for taking back. page 19 of the IBJJF rule book.
Lol I meant the roll from back mount to guard. It’s not a sweep so you get 0 points. Did you seriously look up the ibjjf rulebook?

Lol I meant the roll from back mount to guard. It’s not a sweep so you get 0 points. Did you seriously look up the ibjjf rulebook?

I can't remember a roll from back mount to guard in the fight, and i watched it again. Which round are you talking about when this took place?

Of course i seriously looked it up. I always try and source my opinions. I then went and watched the back take in question (round 3) and it looks like it would score contrary to your previous claim.

"Maia’s fault for not holding the back mount. You don’t get points for that in a bjj match" This is the quote from you i'm working with.

The jailbreak he pulled on Gsp was slick as fuck too.

BJ has had a horrible end to his career, and it has overshadowed the brilliant start he had.

In 2009, after 9 years in the sport:
He was 16-5-1, with his losses coming to GSP X2, Hughes, Machida and Pulver (in BJs 4th mma fight)
The guy was a 2 division UFC Champ
He fought the #2 LW in the world in his 3rd MMA fight and the Champ in his 4th
He only lost once at LW, which he avenged.

Anyone who discredits how great BJ Penn was is delusional.

machida when bj fought him probably wasn't even in the top 30 lol stahp it.

Not in the UFC but...

22-Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Antnio-Rodrigo-Nogueira.gif

Rhonda Rousey had a great reversal on Travis Brown. PM me for the tape.

Wow, a know-it-all blue belt telling a black belt he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Might want to stop for a minute and consider if maybe it’s you who’s fucking clueless here — this is MMA, not a jiu jitsu match. Penn exploited a tiny opportunity brilliantly, you just don’t know enough about either grappling or fighting to see that.

I honestly don't care if you a blue , black, or red belt. People say dumb or incorrect things all the time. If a black belt comes up to you and says "hey when in someones guard remember to plant your head into their armpits and shift your weight completely off balance" then would you, even as a white belt with basic knowledge, just shut up and accept it because he is a black belt?

Even though I am only a blue belt, what I said is extremely basic knowledge. When in guard posture up, sit back on heels, keep balance centered, and dont shift weight to either side of opponent as that invites back takes and/or sweeps. You dont need to be a Black belt to know this man. And why would this be different in an MMA fight as opposed to a BJJ match? Its not.

A ton of things are different between just BJJ and a real fight, that is true, but what I saw in that gif isn't it. Hughes was in Penns full guard and his weight , balance, and head all went to the exact wrong spot and Penn capitalized on it. People said Hughes was throwing an elbow and thats why he did that, ok fine, but that still gave Penn a very easy opening to take Hughes back.

Honestly, I feel that it is you who doesnt even have a basic concept of grappling. Do you train?

A ton of things are different between just BJJ and a real fight, that is true, but what I saw in that gif isn't it. Hughes was in Penns full guard and his weight , balance, and head all went to the exact wrong spot and Penn capitalized on it. People said Hughes was throwing an elbow and thats why he did that, ok fine, but that still gave Penn a very easy opening to take Hughes back.
Name one other time a fighter has pulled off a reversal like Penn did, while being ground n pounded? You are acting like it is so easy to do. Like Hughes throwing an elbow from top was some amateurish move, that anyone could have avoided the strike, and then maneuver around and then on top of him lol

It's kinda like arguing with my girlfriend about shit. I really don't know if you are even serious with this bullshit...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back