Is this the best reversal from bottom in UFC history?

Da Pendulum Sweep No Rush did vs Spatt was slick too, but oh wait... Im a hater they say, cant say that...
Lmao, last time I responded to you you asked me how it was I thought you were trigger by GSP. This right here. Bringing it up when it isn't even relevant, that's why.

Let’s see Khabib fight to a decision at heavyweight. I’ll wait. Penn is better pfp and has wins as heavy as 185.
I'm. Not saying bj didn't have balls of steel. Or that he wouldn't have a better record had said balls been used in decision making. Khabib is just a better fighter period. Had bj took it seriously he may well have been goat, but he didn't so we will never know what potential he could have lived up. Khabib is the best fighter in mma currently. Since joining aka he has grown even better. He constantly adds to his toolbox. Unlike most other fighters that don't change after they are successful khabib is humble and learns from training and coaches. He will be the goat in a couple years if he wins against Tony for sure. Say he beats Tony and either max or Ortega.. Then gsp.. Even tho he is older and not the gsp that once was. He cannot be denied then in any way.
I loved watching bj in the day, but his skills don't matchup w Khabib, and his only way to win vs khabib is by Dec. Khabib would take prime bj down easy.. Just like Hughes and others did. BJ would not get back up until the bell and would be eating leather until then. He wouldn't pull a conor and give his back, and would take a lot of punishment because of his steel balls, but he really has a very little chance to win vs khabib. When. Hughes koed him in the 2nd fight.. Thats Matt Hughes.. Who is a b level fighter compared to. Khabib or tony.

I'm. Not saying bj didn't have balls of steel. Or that he wouldn't have a better record had said balls been used in decision making. Khabib is just a better fighter period. Had bj took it seriously he may well have been goat, but he didn't so we will never know what potential he could have lived up. Khabib is the best fighter in mma currently. Since joining aka he has grown even better. He constantly adds to his toolbox. Unlike most other fighters that don't change after they are successful khabib is humble and learns from training and coaches. He will be the goat in a couple years if he wins against Tony for sure. Say he beats Tony and either max or Ortega.. Then gsp.. Even tho he is older and not the gsp that once was. He cannot be denied then in any way.
I loved watching bj in the day, but his skills don't matchup w Khabib, and his only way to win vs khabib is by Dec. Khabib would take prime bj down easy.. Just like Hughes and others did. BJ would not get back up until the bell and would be eating leather until then. He wouldn't pull a conor and give his back, and would take a lot of punishment because of his steel balls, but he really has a very little chance to win vs khabib. When. Hughes koed him in the 2nd fight.. Thats Matt Hughes.. Who is a b level fighter compared to. Khabib or tony.

The greatest fighters in mma history are those with belts in multiple weight classes.

Bj
Hendo
Cormier
Couture
McGregor
GSP

Khabib is a nobody compared to everyone on this list. He held a fake belt until he beat Conor. Let’s see him defend it as many times as Bj did.

And if you want to talk about Khabib being better because you think he beats bj in a fight, who had the better career? Liddell or Rampage? Most people would say Liddell, yet Rampage beat him twice.

Lmao, last time I responded to you you asked me how it was I thought you were trigger by GSP. This right here. Bringing it up when it isn't even relevant, that's why.
Dude..Im givin´ him props here...while jokin´ about his fanbase around here callin´ me a 'hater'...

Are ya trollin´or are ya THAT slow.?

Last edited:
I think this reversal out of full mount by Jessica Penne is quite impressive. On top was Randa Markos, whose foundation martial art is wrestling.

I’m certainly not an expert, but it always seemed to me that Penne had the best combination of flexibility and dexterity in her legs this side of BJ Penn. if I recall correctly, she escaped Waterson’s mount in similar fashion.

Well as a blue belt I recommend you go train somewhere else. Where I train if I stick my ****ing head into someones side while in his guard like that my professor would choke the living shit out of me later on to teach me a lesson

Let me clarify something as I know I am being a couch warrior right now: This is an MMA fight and Hughes might have been tired and worn out and even the best make mistakes at that point, and BJ capitalized on it. Kudos for him, but do you honestly, truly, genuinely believe even a decent blue belt would shift their weight right into an opponents side like that while in his full guard?

Hughes was in that position cuz he raised up for a monster elbow and dropped it down on an opponent that was no longer there. In that sense, no, a BJJ blue belt wouldn't shift their weight into their opponent's side, if only because there is no GnP in BJJ. For the record, Hughes was an A-level grappler, BJ just put him into that position cuz he was significantly better.

My point still stands though:

Of all those people he beat, can you honestly pretend any of them would even break top 10 in todays field of elite fighters? Who? Gomi? Pulver who had to end his career at BANTAMWEIGHT to even stay competitive?

BJ Penn's record and wins seem pedantric at best compared to someone like Khabib or Hendo or Pettis or RDA or any of those elite names who fought when the pool was full of sharks and not just fish

Well, Hughes would still be a Top 10 WW. Not champ, but Top 10. Ditto for Fitch, even if BJ only earned a draw there.

Florian, Diego, Din Thomas, Caol Uno, Gomi, Frankie Edgar (BJ won that first fight, dammit!), Joe Stevenson, and Sean Sherk (especially Sean Sherk) at their best would be Top 10-15 fighters today without question. Bear in mind, a large part of BJ's mystique comes from going up in weight and beating far larger fighters like Hughes, Renzo and Rodrigo Gracie and having a very competitive fight with Lyoto.

His style is also a nightmare for grapplers like Khabibi or Kevin Lee. Also for strikers like Gaethje and Vick. And for great all-around fighters like Fergie and Poirier. He's not overrated, his place in MMA is just right in my eyes.

Shields' reversal on Maia was pretty goddamn slick

The greatest fighters in mma history are those with belts in multiple weight classes.

Bj
Hendo
Cormier
Couture
McGregor
GSP

Khabib is a nobody compared to everyone on this list. He held a fake belt until he beat Conor. Let’s see him defend it as many times as Bj did.

And if you want to talk about Khabib being better because you think he beats bj in a fight, who had the better career? Liddell or Rampage? Most people would say Liddell, yet Rampage beat him twice.
How many losses do the guys on the list have. 27 and 0 is fucking incredible no matter what anyone says. Khabib might still win another belt. It's not his fault tony got hurt max couldn't make weight etc. He won the belt on his first try. I think all the fighters on ur list are great fighters. I just think that khabib p4p is better than any of them. I would almost say rampage had a better overall career if u count chucks losses at the end. Rampage had chucks number. Khabib I believe is a horrible matchup for bj.. Or anyone in the weight class. He is more skilled than bj, and is just a better all around fighter. A serious focused bj may have a chance, but we have never seen that bj Penn.

Eh it's not repeatable by someone else. His weird hip flexors allow him to do these type of moves where he can sit and move. His sprawl is a bit crazy like that too.

the only reversal in the shields Maia fight is when Maia takes his back and Jake manages to spin into Maia's guard.

As a Maia fan all these folk saying Shields won the grappling match had me scratching my head a bit, I think the memory has changed over time with this fight.

the only reversal in the shields Maia fight is when Maia takes his back and Jake manages to spin into Maia's guard.

As a Maia fan all these folk saying Shields won the grappling match had me scratching my head a bit, I think the memory has changed over time with this fight.
Maia’s fault for not holding the back mount. You don’t get points for that in a bjj match but Maia didn’t do anything with the back take.

Monkey rolling Maia has probably never been done before in competition either. I don’t think anyone in mma has escaped his back mount

Maia’s fault for not holding the back mount. You don’t get points for that in a bjj match but Maia didn’t do anything with the back take.

Monkey rolling Maia has probably never been done before in competition either. I don’t think anyone in mma has escaped his back mount

I thought you got 4 points for taking back. page 19 of the IBJJF rule book.

Back