Is this the best reversal from bottom in UFC history?

I don't think it is the one you meant because it was TKO not UFC but Georges did this sweet reversal on Pete Spratt.

iu
Actually it was that very reversal! Nice find.

Best reversal from the bottom was big nogs vs Tim Sylvia, it started from the stand up, was planned and ended up with a sub soon after for the belt.

Have you possibly considered that it was more of a monumentally amaterish mistake on Hughes part rather than anything BJ did?

I mean even as a white belt you know not to shift you center of gravity straight into a sitting opponents side like that. You are begging them to take your back especially in no-gi/shirtless/sweaty
No. Hughes was going for a heavy strike that he has landed on many elite fighters.

This was simply a great move by BJ Penn.

No. Hughes was going for a heavy strike that he has landed on many elite fighters.

This was simply a great move by BJ Penn.
He just saw the gif but never saw the actual fight. He didn’t realize Hughes was throwing an elbow. He doesn’t watch mma.

I know this is of bias but Mousasi butterfly sweep on Lyoto was quite sweet. O.p was more of a scramble/ reverse - nice but certainly not what title would suggest. Obviously a Penn supporter (and so am I but got to be honest)

I know this is of bias but Mousasi butterfly sweep on Lyoto was quite sweet. O.p was more of a scramble/ reverse - nice but certainly not what title would suggest. Obviously a Penn supporter (and so am I but got to be honest)
The title of the thread calls it a reversal, not a sweeep

Honestly bud I stopped arguing with BJ deluded nut huggers a long time ago. The guy has always been just at the right place at the right time and nothing more. He was great in a time of mediocire fighters who wouldn't even crack top 10 in todays crop of fighters but all I ever get from you guys is "but he fought Machida at like Super heavyweight bro!!!111"

Hughes was the most dominant WW champ and arguably most dominant UFC champ in history at that time. BJ moved up in weight, beat him on the feet then tapped him.

That doesn't mean he can hang with today's top fighters, but it's disingenuous to suggest that "all he did was fight Machida".

Honestly bud I stopped arguing with BJ deluded nut huggers a long time ago. The guy has always been just at the right place at the right time and nothing more. He was great in a time of mediocire fighters who wouldn't even crack top 10 in todays crop of fighters but all I ever get from you guys is "but he fought Machida at like Super heavyweight bro!!!111"
Man you are slow. Fighters from previous era will always be not as good as new generation. Does that make all old era fighters suck? BJ is one of the greats even if he won’t be a top 5 or 10 in today’s time. You are a dummy for not understanding simple things.

Back