Is this show still worth it?

itrainUFC

Black Belt in UFC
@Blue
Reaction score
Considering The Contender is way better to put people into the UFC. Why put people through these isolation periods just for a contract.
There has been times when they brought people who failed/didn't make TUF into the UFC and they are lit.

If they are planning to add new divisions, The Contender will also be finding the talent much faster to put together a new division lineup.

Any thoughts?

You mean Dana White Lookin' for a Fight and not 'The Contender' which was boxers?
I'll wait until the guys given contracts start losing and getting cut or winning and doing well before making a decision.

TUF 24 got some good fighters for the UFC, TUF 25 didn't so it varies a lot and it can still be worth it although I'd forget about the coaches fight as that puts them out of action for too long.

You mean Dana White Lookin' for a Fight and not 'The Contender' which was boxers?
I'll wait until the guys given contracts start losing and getting cut or winning and doing well before making a decision.

TUF 24 got some good fighters for the UFC, TUF 25 didn't so it varies a lot and it can still be worth it although I'd forget about the coaches fight as that puts them out of action for too long.
I think he means the contender series, not the contender.

Yes, my poor attempt at humour 'Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series' and TUF do seem to be doing the same job but The Contender series seems to be a better/quicker way to do it so maybe it does kill TUF off.

I guess we'll know more in a year or so when the Tuesday night guys start coming through and winning or losing.

I'll say this I haven't been interested in TUF in a long long time. But I'll always watch when they crown a champion through it.

I like the idea of the Contenders Series way better than TUF. Fighters know one great performance can get them in instead of having to deal with all the bs of the house. I wish they could find a better venue though, the fights are weird to watch with only their families there.

I like the idea of the Contenders Series way better than TUF. Fighters know one great performance can get them in instead of having to deal with all the bs of the house. I wish they could find a better venue though, the fights are weird to watch with only their families there.
Yeah dude. And they have like fans tune in for a small entry.
With the crowd reaction could influence if they get a deal or not.

The contender Series seems to be a much faster and easier way to get a contract...
You getting a contract by basicly winning one fight via ko, in front of Dana...or just finish a guy in a good fight...

TUF is way harder...more fights (1 fight to get into the house...2-3 more to get to the finals)...multiple weigh cuts in 6 weeks...the downside is just this stupid teenage drama bs in the house...

TUF also gives you "a bigger name"...being on national tv.
CS doesn't do that and is on FP...

Not bashing The Contenders Series...i watch it and like it...

The past redemption one was fun.
Some great seasons here and there.
But this next season looks pretty bad.

I still like Tuf some seasons don't interest me as much as others but I really enjoyed last season can't really seem to get pumped for this next season tho

If like to see them switch it up same format but get 16 already signed fighters kinda like Tuf 4 no coaches winner gets a title shot , only problem is this drains talent they need to fill cards\: But can u guys imagine the MW division in a house together rn be worse than MTV

TUF is played out. I like getting to know these guys, but how many times do we need to see someone get shitfaced and run through a door?

i like the coach challenges those are fun. maybe they should just make a Game show lol

I still very much enjoy it...I'm a broken record though and always have to mention I wish it was more reality show esque with non mma physical challenges in order to pick matchups...just make it so you have to pick someone who hasn't fought in each round so you don't get the early tuf dilemma of fighters advancing without fighting

i like the coach challenges those are fun. maybe they should just make a Game show lol
Yeah, This is what I'm talking about, should have a different fun challenge each episode...they can remove some training vid for all I care

Considering The Contender is way better to put people into the UFC. Why put people through these isolation periods just for a contract.
There has been times when they brought people who failed/didn't make TUF into the UFC and they are lit.

If they are planning to add new divisions, The Contender will also be finding the talent much faster to put together a new division lineup.

Any thoughts?

Watch episode 4 and tell me you didn't appreciate the final fight and the sheer madness work ethic on display

I think TUF has run its course. The "reality show" aspect of the show has all but faded away. The current season is probably the most boring one yet. Nobody wants to see footage of a bunch of serious athletes sitting around praying and drinking protein shakes.

People generally like tournaments but this "Big Brother" style show can probably be done away with at this point.

TUF is a totally dead concept, but there's just enough people who are watching it for Fox to give the UFC a rights fee, which keeps it sustainable to keep throwing seasons out there.

This would be my idea: instead of trying to develop sixteen fighters at once (most of whom are doomed for irrelevancy anyway), they should pick one (IE: CM Punk, Sage Northcutt, etc), and train them for (up to) five fights.
  1. If they win one fight, and choose to stop there, they get $25K, plus a 33% off coupon on the Reebok e-store (shipping excluded).
  2. If they win two fights, and choose to stop there, they get a UFC contract and start at the bottom of the division (similar to DWLFAF).
  3. If they win three fights, and choose to stop there, they start in the middle of the division (better money contract than second option).
  4. If they win four fights, stop there, they start just outside the top ten (and for significantly better money than last two options)
  5. If they win all five fights, they get a title eliminator bout in the UFC, and co-headline a UFC PPV (for obviously exponentially more money).

Last edited by a moderator:
TUF is a totally dead concept, but there's just enough people who are watching it for Fox to give the UFC a rights fee, which keeps it sustainable to keep throwing seasons out there.

This would be my idea: instead of trying to develop sixteen fighters at once (most of whom are doomed for irrelevancy anyway), they should pick one (IE: CM Punk, Sage Northcutt, etc), and train them for (up to) five fights.
  1. If they win one fight, and choose to stop there, they get $25K, plus a 33% off coupon on the Reebok e-store (shipping excluded).
  2. If they win two fights, and choose to stop there, they get a UFC contract and start at the bottom of the division (similar to DWLFAF).
  3. If they win three fights, and choose to stop there, they start in the middle of the division (better money contract than second option).
  4. If they win four fights, stop there, they start just outside the top ten (and for significantly better money than last two options)
  5. If they win all five fights, they get a title eliminator bout in the UFC, and co-headline a UFC PPV (for obviously exponentially more money).
Fights against who? Like other nobodies? Or UFC caliber fighters?

Back