IS THIS A PHENOMENAL FIGHTING STYLE FOR MMA?

True but in MMA takedowns are set up with sttikes. If my opponents boxing isn't on my level I'll use that to set up the tskedown or tee off on them before they can takedowns. Four years of wrestling is enough to know how to stop takedowns and when striking is involved, this would work in my favour. Plus not many people wrestle a lot in the UK wrestle a lot. Even MMA fighters. It's just that I know a good MMA gym with plenty of wrestling so I'm lucky.
You talked about your " UFC " dream. So regardless of what's happening in the UK, in the UFC, with a wrestling based style, you're going to be up against some bad ass wrestlers who have been doing it since they were little kids. It matters. Also if you're 18 now and just taking up boxing or even striking in general, you are starting late as well in my opinion. If you're a great athlete, and you learn really quickly, and you're tough as hell, this dream of yours might be possible. What's your athletic background ?

You can also compete for boxing titles with that training

Don't forget your conditioning, do some jogging, running, anything to improve your cardio. You can train all the techniques you want, if you're exhausted after 2 minutes, you won't last long.

You talked about your " UFC " dream. So regardless of what's happening in the UK, in the UFC, with a wrestling based style, you're going to be up against some bad ass wrestlers who have been doing it since they were little kids. It matters. Also if you're 18 now and just taking up boxing or even striking in general, you are starting late as well in my opinion. If you're a great athlete, and you learn really quickly, and you're tough as hell, this dream of yours might be possible. What's your athletic background ?

I think that shit matters for more established sports with A level athletes or guys who have been doing sports specific training since like 5. In sports like tennis, you have no shot even you start training at 12 lol. Guys start training MMA in their 20s and end up in the UFC.

Depends on how athletic you are, and how old you are, how well you take a punch, how quick of a learner you are etc...

You can start with posting a pic of yourself lol

Im 5"5 131 lbs and have great speed, cardio and a decent 6 pack and well toned and strong for my weight. Although a bit skinny with strong legs. I roll with much stronger guys in bjj and wrestling and when they admire how strong I am for my size. I think I'd have a great time grappling with someone from my weight class in MMA and would probably dominate unless they're way more talented and technical.

I'm confident that I can take a punch and have been punched in fights before, especially coz of adrenaline and I generally don't overreact to pain and tend to shake it off and try to ignore it.

I learn really quick and have done so in bjj and wrestling (basically everything I've formally trained). During my first month in bjj. I would get tapped by von flue repeatedly and then 2 weeks later, I was catching a lot of high level white belts in triangle chokes. One of them received a blud belt a few months later (I stopped training for a few months dus to financial reasons but I'm back for good).

What do u think?

I think that shit matters for more established sports with A level athletes or guys who have been doing sports specific training since like 5. In sports like tennis, you have no shot even you start training at 12 lol. Guys start training MMA in their 20s and end up in the UFC.
Exactly

Don't forget your conditioning, do some jogging, running, anything to improve your cardio. You can train all the techniques you want, if you're exhausted after 2 minutes, you won't last long.
My cardio is good and will only get better.

Depends on how athletic you are, and how old you are, how well you take a punch, how quick of a learner you are etc...

You can start with posting a pic of yourself lol
18 is pretty early if you look at some UFC legends. Yes in the UFC there are phenomenal wrestlers but my journey will begin in the UK where wrestling isn't as big so I hope to begin with a great record before fighting in the top leagues. And at Flyweight division, I'm gonna run into a lot of high level wrestlers in the UK. Wrestling is overlooked and I'll try to exploit that to my advantage.

Plus I'm very athletic. Great cardio, speed, strong for my weight (131 lbs) and I've played soccer since the age of 8 so I've got cardio and Im used to playing on with injurjes and acting like nothing happened.

Focus on something that pays well (stay in school). Do MMA as a hobby.

I'm thinking of going into MMA and I've done a few months of NOGI BJJ. I'm enjoying it, learning a lot of useful things but I need to move on to do whats best for my UFC dream. I've also formally trained about 4 sessions of wrestling and I've learnt a lot of bjj, wrestling and MMA from Youtube but practictising, sparring and competing is crucial.

This is my plan: Two years of training wrestling and boxing (best bases for MMA) simultameously about 6 hours a week in each. Whilst adding in 2 hours of bjj and kicking a heavy bag at home just to start shin conditioning early so that checking leg kicks won't be a disaster.

I plan on competing in Wrestling tournaments as much as possible and at least one NOGI BJJ tournament during the two years. I'm also hoping to have a maximum of one Amateur Boxing match if necessary (saving my brain for MMA but Amateur boxers have some of the best boxing in MMA).

After all of that, I plan on competing in a few Amateur fights before hopefully having my first pro fight within 2 years after Amateur debut. By then I'll be focusing on all aspects of MMA (WRESTLING, BOXING, bjj, muay thai) and strength and conditioning (especially cardio).

"Jack of all trades, master of none." Because of this wise saying, I'll try to be as well rounded as necessary but with takedowns as my main weapon to master.
I predict my fighting style to be similar to GSP, Cain Velazquez, Frankie Edgar.

What do you think guys? Great fighting style?

I can predict your future. It goes something like this:

tenor.gif

Forget all that.... it's all gonna come down to your fighting nickname.

I hope you've given that some serious thought.

I'm thinking of going into MMA and I've done a few months of NOGI BJJ. I'm enjoying it, learning a lot of useful things but I need to move on to do whats best for my UFC dream. I've also formally trained about 4 sessions of wrestling and I've learnt a lot of bjj, wrestling and MMA from Youtube but practictising, sparring and competing is crucial.

This is my plan: Two years of training wrestling and boxing (best bases for MMA) simultameously about 6 hours a week in each. Whilst adding in 2 hours of bjj and kicking a heavy bag at home just to start shin conditioning early so that checking leg kicks won't be a disaster.

I plan on competing in Wrestling tournaments as much as possible and at least one NOGI BJJ tournament during the two years. I'm also hoping to have a maximum of one Amateur Boxing match if necessary (saving my brain for MMA but Amateur boxers have some of the best boxing in MMA).

After all of that, I plan on competing in a few Amateur fights before hopefully having my first pro fight within 2 years after Amateur debut. By then I'll be focusing on all aspects of MMA (WRESTLING, BOXING, bjj, muay thai) and strength and conditioning (especially cardio).

"Jack of all trades, master of none." Because of this wise saying, I'll try to be as well rounded as necessary but with takedowns as my main weapon to master.
I predict my fighting style to be similar to GSP, Cain Velazquez, Frankie Edgar.

What do you think guys? Great fighting style?

you should get breast implants, it will give you a psychological edge. You won't have to cover them up so your opponent is going to be confused as fuck. And if you do it make sure you get really, really bad results. Like your nipples are in completely different hemispheres and get two different size implants.

Back