Is this a joke?

Ahmm hey!!

Ah nah A clippy war room thread dont know you are the TS.

Like I needed another reason not to visit Canada.

I just think we're taking this mankind, people kind, re-write the National anthem 50 times a bit too far, eh

Last edited:
DVU6G4HUQAAL8nE.jpg

It' no different than any other protected class ...

I identify as a paperclip but don't get mad when someone mis-speaks, certainly don't sue them

If you've got a vagina and breasts, good news - you could be a man; and then 5 hours later a rocket ship! New science says so!

HA! Kept thinking bout this ep - was a good one

Remember when absurd shit was in Mr. Show and South Park, and not the norm? What a bumfuckingly insane time we live in. In like 10 years, our nation has become completely neutered and batshit.

Jesus fuck, you right wingers STILL don't understand what this law actually means/meant?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2017/06/19/canadians-face-hate-crimes-using-wrong-gender-pronouns/

Making my country look bad :(

I mean fuck I don't know what to say to people anymore, there's 20+ genders and I can't keep track of all of em
Yes, you can use Daily Caller as a source. Or, from a less cringe-filled, feaful, reactionary perspective,

"The new law, passed in the Senate on Thursday, prohibits discrimination against trans and gender non-binary individuals, and includes them within the protections provided by the hate-speech and hate-crime provisions of the criminal law. With the enactment of Bill C-16, the federal government finally joins the provinces and territories that have amended their human rights codes to recognize and protect gender diversity. It is a long overdue statement of the formal equality of trans and gender non-binary Canadians."

It's not exactly a first and it's just not that big of a deal.

In this very interesting rebuttal to Jordan Peterson (appearing on a Canadian program), it appears Peterson himself is clear this idea of pronouns as hate speech is his construction, not an inherent part of the legislation:

"Peterson then moves on to argue that what he’s really upset about is a change to the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Canadian Criminal Code proposed by Bill C-16. His concern is “that it’s loosely written enough that the kinds of things that I’m talking about [concerning making it illegal to use the wrong pronouns for a person] could be transformed into hate speech almost immediately.” Full disclosure, I am not a Canadian, nor a lawyer, so I have no expertise or nuanced understanding of the Canadian legal system. However, when I look at Bill C-16, all I see are protections that already exist for race, ethnicity, skin color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and disability being extended to transgender and non-binary people. Most of the changes to the laws are simply the insertion of the phrase “gender identity or expression” into the text of the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code. There is nothing in this bill about pronouns. If Peterson thinks the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code are “too loosely written,” that’s a different complaint than the slippery-slope argument he’s making about gender and pronouns."

The full rebuttal had a lot of other gems besides this, but it's a long read. Source

Yes, you can use Daily Caller as a source. Or, from a less cringe-filled, feaful, reactionary perspective,

"The new law, passed in the Senate on Thursday, prohibits discrimination against trans and gender non-binary individuals, and includes them within the protections provided by the hate-speech and hate-crime provisions of the criminal law. With the enactment of Bill C-16, the federal government finally joins the provinces and territories that have amended their human rights codes to recognize and protect gender diversity. It is a long overdue statement of the formal equality of trans and gender non-binary Canadians."

It's not exactly a first and it's just not that big of a deal.

In this very interesting rebuttal to Jordan Peterson (appearing on a Canadian program), it appears Peterson himself is clear this idea of pronouns as hate speech is his construction, not an inherent part of the legislation:

"Peterson then moves on to argue that what he’s really upset about is a change to the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Canadian Criminal Code proposed by Bill C-16. His concern is “that it’s loosely written enough that the kinds of things that I’m talking about [concerning making it illegal to use the wrong pronouns for a person] could be transformed into hate speech almost immediately.” Full disclosure, I am not a Canadian, nor a lawyer, so I have no expertise or nuanced understanding of the Canadian legal system. However, when I look at Bill C-16, all I see are protections that already exist for race, ethnicity, skin color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, and disability being extended to transgender and non-binary people. Most of the changes to the laws are simply the insertion of the phrase “gender identity or expression” into the text of the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code. There is nothing in this bill about pronouns. If Peterson thinks the Human Rights Act and the Criminal Code are “too loosely written,” that’s a different complaint than the slippery-slope argument he’s making about gender and pronouns."

The full rebuttal had a lot of other gems besides this, but it's a long read. Source

cliffs

if you want to put an end to it just start identifying as a dog; get several of your friends to do so as well. Then start rolling up chicks and sniffing their crotch.

Back