Is this a deliberate ploy by Till?

He doesn’t drain himself the last 3/4 pounds so is in better shape for the fight. Expects WB to still take the fight and uses his weight advantage and the fact that the cut has taken less of a toll on him to beat WB.

Meaning despite missing weight he may be close to getting a title shot....
Seems like he's not the only one using this strategy.

If he has shown that he can't make the weight, why would he be getting a title shot?

Recent history tells us this: miss weight (by a lot), lose 1/5 of your purse, 100% chance of winning (with a finish), move up in the division rankings even though you didn’t actually fight at division weight, and next time you’ll get an even bigger stage to flaunt your dishonorable bullshit. The fighter who honored his/her word gets some cash (often relatively insignificant), moves down in the rankings, fights on a smaller stage next time and loses bargaining power if he/she is at or close to end of contract. Never mind the possibility of being cut or placed on smaller stage if the honorable fighter turns the fight down. Pure garbage.

Won't be surpirsed if he dosen't even weigh in at 188 lbs tomorrow

I think that all minimum a fighter that misses weight should not be able to move up in the rankings, cannot fight for a title for a minimum of 2 more fights, cannot fight in a main or co-main for minimum of one more fight, and cannot miss weight in their division again (forced to higher division). I’d also like to see a sliding scale for missing weight: less than 1lb-25%, 1-1.9lbs 50%, 2-3lbs 75%, over 3lbs and the fights off, no choice. Alternative could be to base this on percentage of body weight (using division weight limits).

That was the worst version we've ever seen of Cerrone and the guy has pretty much zero chin recovery after he gets dropped. Almost worse than Rockhold.

Jesus. Some of you guys try talking out of your ass and it makes it painfully obvious that you just started watching the sport last week.

Jesus. Some of you guys try talking out of your ass and it makes it painfully obvious that you just started watching the sport last week.

That was Cerrone coming off of two losses to devastating strikers. After getting annihilated by Jorge, he went through an absolute war with Robbie. He was shopworn as hell and saw Darren as much needed tune-up fight. Suck my balls you Conor cuck.

That was Cerrone coming off of two losses to devastating strikers. After getting annihilated by Jorge, he went through an absolute war with Robbie. He was shopworn as hell and saw Darren as much needed tune-up fight. Suck my balls you Conor cuck.

I lost an av bet years ago and just kept the av for the irony.

Stay triggered newb.

If you get to the point your body can no longer lose any weight, it's not like you're going to be in peak shape 24 hours later.
has he really been at that point? we don't know. also, he weighted in the first time, went back to try again and make weight even HEAVIER. so not sure there's a lot of commitment by till

Darren Till just weighing in at a good weight if was fighting Stipe Miocic. The fight will go ahead. He doesn't care about making weight. Lots of people don't. Just cut some weight. Have a size advantage on your opponent and also have the advantage of not being extremely dehydrated. Lose 20% of your purse. Big deal.

I would like to add this method to the already classic methods of boosting chances of victory that never get punished.

Eye poke: you are allowed 1 free eye poke every fight. It is never punished. You may get 2 to make sure you blind your opponent.

Cage grab: you get at least 2 free fence grabs before losing a point.

Groin strike: again you get usually 2 free kicks full force to the opponents bollocks before the ref does anything. By this stage your opponent is crippled.

Miss weight: come in nice and fresh and bigger than your opponent who doesn't dare not take the fight or risk being black balled by Dana. Lose 20% of your purse but make way more in victory.

<mma4> Some points made...

I lost an av bet years ago and just kept the av for the irony.

Stay triggered newb.
Only a fool would assume a Sherdog join date is indicative of the number of years someone’s been following MMA. If so then I guess my 23 years of watching and reading about MMA and soaking as much as I can are just a figment of my imagination. Now we’ll wait for another comment devoid of substance...go ahead...you seem to be good at it.

Only a fool would assume a Sherdog join date is indicative of the number of years someone’s been following MMA. If so then I guess my 23 years of watching and reading about MMA and soaking as much as I can are just a figment of my imagination. Now we’ll wait for another comment devoid of substance...go ahead...you seem to be good at it.

I'm not talking about your join date. I'm talking about your spewing of opinion that shows you're not familiar with what a fighter has shown through the course of his career while displaying the emotional maturity of a toddler. But, keep embarrassing yourself if you want. I'll keep chuckling.

I'm not talking about your join date. I'm talking about your spewing of opinion that shows you're not familiar with what a fighter has shown through the course of his career while displaying the emotional maturity of a toddler. But, keep embarrassing yourself if you want. I'll keep chuckling.
I’ll refer you to your initial post on this thread. That is the post of an angry juvenile troll. If that’s you’re goal, well done. I’m out.

It was only a matter of time for Till and it’s going to happen again. Win or lose he should be forced to move up to 185

Completely and utterly deliberate and if you miss weight the fight should just be cancelled.

Back