Is this a deliberate ploy by Till?

Thompson should pull out

or get 99% of his purse

No, he's not at an advantage by cutting 20 pounds or whatever and stopping a a pound or two out from the cutoff. The damage has been done at that point.
This. It’s not like the dern situation where she was basically a weight class above

giving your opponent 30% of your pay is a big deal.

Not to mention taxes, Till is going to make chump change for this fight.
People keep acting like losing 1/5 of their income pre tax is a slap in the wrist

What a tool. He brags about being so big, then cant even make weight. I would refuse to fight unless I got 80% of his purse. I hope WB KO's him stiff.

He doesn’t drain himself the last 3/4 pounds so is in better shape for the fight. Expects WB to still take the fight and uses his weight advantage and the fact that the cut has taken less of a toll on him to beat WB.

Meaning despite missing weight he may be close to getting a title shot....

Till knew WB would have no choice but to take the fight. Guaranteed if WB pulled out and ruined this whole card the UFC and dana would never give him a title shot again.

It should be more. Way more. They need to revamp weight cutting rules.
Dern lost 20% of purse and 15% of fight performance bonus.

That's more than a third of her income gone and given to opponent considering the bonus was more than her purse. That's plenty.

30% of the purse for 3/4 of a lb. No, I don't think it was intentional.

What a tool. He brags about being so big, then cant even make weight. I would refuse to fight unless I got 80% of his purse. I hope WB KO's him stiff.
So no one gets paid and the UFC loses millions promoting a card that fell apart?

Take the extra cash and fight

I've been a hypocrite by supporting many fighters that have missed weight like Yoel, but Darren hasn't earned it yet. Taking out Cerrone on that fight card that no one was watching, means dick shit. That was the worst version we've ever seen of Cerrone and the guy has pretty much zero chin recovery after he gets dropped. Almost worse than Rockhold.
That version of Cowboy was better than the one that fought RDS.

So no one gets paid and the UFC loses millions promoting a card that fell apart?

Take the extra cash and fight
THese guys dont give a shit about a few grand if they can climb the ranks. If the UFC doesnt want to lose millions, they need a stiffer penalty. WB should just demand another 200k on top of his show $.

THese guys dont give a shit about a few grand if they can climb the ranks. If the UFC doesnt want to lose millions, they need a stiffer penalty. WB should just demand another 200k on top of his show $.
Smh

This sport started out with no weight classes and no one complained.

Now we have people arguing over 3 pounds.

Coming in overweight might be unprofessional for Till.

Refusing to fight would a bitch move for WB.

He doesn’t drain himself the last 3/4 pounds so is in better shape for the fight. Expects WB to still take the fight and uses his weight advantage and the fact that the cut has taken less of a toll on him to beat WB.

Meaning despite missing weight he may be close to getting a title shot....
Yes. Fighters have caught on that unless you miss a lot, the ufc will pressure the other fighter to take the fight. They will be the one punished if the fight is cancelled, not the guy that missed.

It's blatant cheating and disregard for the rules.

Darren Till just weighing in at a good weight if was fighting Stipe Miocic. The fight will go ahead. He doesn't care about making weight. Lots of people don't. Just cut some weight. Have a size advantage on your opponent and also have the advantage of not being extremely dehydrated. Lose 20% of your purse. Big deal.

I would like to add this method to the already classic methods of boosting chances of victory that never get punished.

Eye poke: you are allowed 1 free eye poke every fight. It is never punished. You may get 2 to make sure you blind your opponent.

Cage grab: you get at least 2 free fence grabs before losing a point.

Groin strike: again you get usually 2 free kicks full force to the opponents bollocks before the ref does anything. By this stage your opponent is crippled.

Miss weight: come in nice and fresh and bigger than your opponent who doesn't dare not take the fight or risk being black balled by Dana. Lose 20% of your purse but make way more in victory.

One hundred percent truth.

Dern lost 20% of purse and 15% of fight performance bonus.

That's more than a third of her income gone and given to opponent considering the bonus was more than her purse. That's plenty.

Yeah but she shouldn't get a bonus. She entered fresh and huge. I think they need to monitor weight year round and you have to be in a certain range out of competition.

Yeah but she shouldn't get a bonus. She entered fresh and huge. I think they need to monitor weight year round and you have to be in a certain range out of competition.
Preaching the choir.

I've always said that if USADA can show up and get a piss test they can have the fighters step on a scale at the same time. Pre fight hydration tests too.

A fighter should have to stay within a weight range year round.

Back