Is there still a gap between Male and Female strength

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
or has it closed

can the best female powerlifters/strongwoman today compete with Men..

what is the difference between Female world records in (bench, deadlift, squat, total) compared to men?

Google.com

Powerliftingwatch.com

Iwf.net

Yes.

We are going to see some incredible feats of strength from both Men and Women in the very near future. Powerlifting is becoming really popular as its easy to record and throw on IG with fun hashtags and shit. But seriously, its popularity is pretty crazy right now. There are athletes out there who, with the right training could likely crush current champs.

We are going to see some incredible feats of strength from both Men and Women in the very near future. Powerlifting is becoming really popular as its easy to record and throw on IG with fun hashtags and shit. But seriously, its popularity is pretty crazy right now. There are athletes out there who, with the right training could likely crush current champs.

It makes a good youtube-highlight-reel sport, and the crossfit crowd likes to jump into meets for a goof. Plus raw is cheap to outfit yourself for, like $100 worth of stuff.

The meet I'm going to in June filled its 90 lifter slots in 49 minutes on registration day.

Could she compete with men in the same weight division
Actually, the USAPL Masters 1a (for lifters 40-45 years old) 66kg male bench record is 142.5kg or 314 pounds, so she'd beat it.

Actually, the USAPL Masters 1a (for lifters 40-45 years old) 66kg male bench record is 142.5kg or 314 pounds, so she'd beat it.
then why do we still have separate powerlifting divisions for men and women?

then why do we still have separate powerlifting divisions for men and women?

Mostly, women aren't as strong as men. There are exceptions. I think the more interesting issue is going to be the trans women taking over women's sports as that becomes more accepted and prevalent. Not quite good enough in basketball for the NBA? Be the next MVP for the WNBA, just switch from Mike to Michelle.

I'm going to guess that Janae Kroczaleski could run the table at any women's powerlifting meet she cared to compete in:

janae-marie-transgender-weightlifter-r.jpg

Strongwoman competition, Olympic weightlifting, track and field, wrestling, crossfit and mma are all ripe for the taking.

In wrestling, it's happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/texas-transgender-wrestler-trnd-hold/

In mma, it's happened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...gender-MMA-fighter-wants-fight-women-UFC.html

Mostly, women aren't as strong as men. There are exceptions. I think the more interesting issue is going to be the trans women taking over women's sports as that becomes more accepted and prevalent. Not quite good enough in basketball for the NBA? Be the next MVP for the WNBA, just switch from Mike to Michelle.

I'm going to guess that Janae Kroczaleski could run the table at any women's powerlifting meet she cared to compete in:

janae-marie-transgender-weightlifter-r.jpg

Strongwoman competition, Olympic weightlifting, track and field, wrestling, crossfit and mma are all ripe for the taking.

In wrestling, it's happened:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/27/us/texas-transgender-wrestler-trnd-hold/

In mma, it's happened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/ne...gender-MMA-fighter-wants-fight-women-UFC.html
and transgender Men who transistioned from female, taking testosterone therapy will be able to compete with men right?

C'mon, they're getting better, but don't be ridiculous.

C'mon, they're getting better, but don't be ridiculous.

Both males and females are improving. For the most part, males are still way stronger. The thing that may have a big impact nowadays is the blurring of the male/female boundary.

Doesn't really matter. A woman could train her whole life to push and pull something and MAYBE do more weight, but she doesn't have the bone density to actually physically compete with me.

Simple science. mass x the acceleration of gravity.

Back