Is there anyone more undeserving of title shots than Holly Holm?

I think Holm vs Vieira for the #1 contender spot would probably be the "right" thing to do.

As I said, the best would be that Vieira and Holly fight next for the #1 contender spot.

Not at all. If anything, the opposite. I think Holly is a bigger threat to Nunes than Vieira is and I would like to see that fight.

Okay Bud, but it does look like you are trying to remove one of them from title contention. So who do you propose Nunez fight while Vieira/Holm have their fight? Or should the Champ just sit out and wait?

Okay Bud, but it does look like you are trying to remove one of them from title contention. So who do you propose Nunez fight while Vieira/Holm have their fight? Or should the Champ just sit out and wait?

Realistically, it will depend very much on what the fighters (especially Nunes) want. One good option is having Nunes fight Cyborg next and have Holm fight Vieira for the #1 spot at BW.

If you are asking what I personally would like, then it's Nunes vs Holm, winner fights Cyborg. I like Vieira but I think she needs another fight before a TS, so I'd have her fight a top ranked BW (maybe GDR or Pena, they should both come back soon) in the meanwhile.

Last edited:
Confirmed what ? I feel nothing negative nor positive towards the guy. A 8-1 record means fuck all in terms of title shot criteria, how many of those wins were top ten ranked opponents ?

So shook you now have Colby failing as a match maker also. He's been barking up the tree since his debut. 8-1 getting a paper belt shot has no place on this list. Doesn't matter how much I despise a fighter, I have respect for 9-1.

I don't remember the fight in details anymore, but I'll assume you are right. But so what?
I don't think it is fair to compare records with such difference in level of competition. Vieira is good but hasn't really beaten any top BWs. I don't consider the victory over Cat such a big deal since she (Cat) was coming of two losses and after a 2 years layoffs.

As I said, the best would be that Vieira and Holly fight next for the #1 contender spot.
Vieira just beat 2 former title challengers in McMann and Zingano. Her UFC competition so far has been better than Holm's before the Rousey fight, so yeah ofc Vieira deserves a titleshot, at least much more than Holly does. I wouldn't be against a title eliminator between them, but if someone is ahead, to me it obviously should be Vieira.

Vieira just beat 2 former title challengers in McMann and Zingano. Her UFC competition so far has been better than Holm's before the Rousey fight, so yeah ofc Vieira deserves a titleshot, at least much more than Holly does. I wouldn't be against a title eliminator between them, but if someone is ahead, to me it obviously should be Vieira.

McMann and Zingano were former title challengers all right but that was ages ago (and I mean both in terms of time and of skill-level). Neither was near title contention at the time they fought Vieira. Cat in particular was coming off 2 losses and a 2 years hiatus so she wasn't exactly a world-beater at that point. Anyway, if you think Vieira's resume gives her a stronger claim to a TS knock yourself out.

Preferences aside, the other obvious thing here is that very few people would be excited about a Nunes-Vieira fight at this point, whereas Nunes-Holm coudl be decent in terms of PPV buys.

Last edited:
Holly Holm has already gotten too many undeserved title shots, she doesn't need another. As for Nunes her next fight should be against Ketlen or the woman she called out first, Cris Cyborg.

Holly Holm has already gotten too many undeserved title shots, she doesn't need another. As for Nunes her next fight should be against Ketlen or the woman she called out first, Cris Cyborg.

Holly Holm is #1 contender at BW. Holm-Vieira or Nunes-Holm next.

Holly Holm is #1 contender at BW. Holm-Vieira or Nunes-Holm next.
She's 2-4 in her last 6 fights with only 1 of those wins at 135. No more title shots for Holly Holm right now. If she wants a shot at the 135lb belt let her win some more fights at 135 meanwhile let Nunes fight Cyborg or Ketlen.

She's 2-4 in her last 6 fights with only 1 of those wins at 135. No more title shots for Holly Holm right now. If she wants a shot at the 135lb belt let her win some more fights at 135 meanwhile let Nunes fight Cyborg or Ketlen.

No more TS for Holm? Fine. Let's have Holm vs Vieira next.

You guys need to understand nobody gives a shit about Vieira vs Nunes right now. Vieira is a no name fighter and just because she edged out a victory over Zingano (who 0-2 and coming off two years inactivity) doesn't deserve TS before Holly who is #1 at BW.

If they give her a shot against Nunes that makes it 5 title shots. Her first against Ronda was a little undeserved only winning two fights in the UFC. Lost two fights in a row and gets another title shot which she loses. Wins one fights and gets a title shot again. If she gets another it will be the second time she gets another with only a one fight won in a row. The only person I can think that is even close is probably Chael but it's not even comparable.
I feel that a lot of it has to do with the divisions she competes in being thin, but even with that, I tend to agree; she does get a lot of title shots, some of which are definitely undeserving in my opinion.

Sonnen VS Jones.
Yeah, this one takes the cake as far as unwarranted title shots in my opinion, Had it been a short notice fight, it would have been silly enough, but given that it was a planned title fight with months of prep and marketing, it was pretty ridiculous in my opinion.

Back