Is there any way Volkan is not completely destroyed?

ineverpost

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Volkan comes into this fight having beaten 3 guys in a row who are fairly one dimensional fighters that are not known for wrestling. I believe Volkan has legit stand up, but I wouldn't doubt that Cormier's is still better. Wrestling, it's a no brainer. Cormier will be able to toss this guy around whenever he wants, provided he can get inside to clinch. I've got Cormier winning this one by TKO before the end of the 1st round.

I don't know. I think people are sleeping on Oezdemir's grappling a bit. OK he's not at DC's level but he did stuff all of OSP's takedowns in his match with him and OSP is both much bigger than DC and has a pretty good grappling game all his own.

Volkan has that awkward, weird power, but if rumble couldn't ko DCi don't see him doing it either. Skillwise, DC should win this fight anywhere it goes.

Volkan comes into this fight having beaten 3 guys in a row who are fairly one dimensional fighters that are not known for wrestling. I believe Volkan has legit stand up, but I wouldn't doubt that Cormier's is still better. Wrestling, it's a no brainer. Cormier will be able to toss this guy around whenever he wants, provided he can get inside to clinch. I've got Cormier winning this one by TKO before the end of the 1st round.

If he punches DC and DC falls down unconscious.

If father time got to DC maybe ?

Last edited:
I don't know. I think people are sleeping on Oezdemir's grappling a bit. OK he's not at DC's level but he did stuff all of OSP's takedowns in his match with him and OSP is both much bigger than DC and has a pretty good grappling game all his own.

OSP has no wrestling background outside whatever he incorporates into his mma training. Cormier is an olympic caliber wrestler. the only one who has ever been able to stop Cormiers grappling is the GOAT and even he was possibly on steroids at the time.

OSP has no wrestling background outside whatever he incorporates into his mma training. Cormier is an olympic caliber wrestler. the only one who has ever been able to stop Cormiers grappling is the GOAT and even he was possibly on steroids at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovince_Saint_Preux

Saint Preux was born in Immokalee, Florida, to Haitian immigrant parents.[5] He attended Immokalee High School in Immokalee, Florida, where he wrestled, played defensive end for the football team, and ran track. As a wrestler, he compiled a record of 26-1, and was the state's 1A runner-up in his weight class.

Volkan needs to KO DC or he will get ragdolled.
DC getting old now, but lets see.

DCs peformance against Jon Jones was good he was dominating Jon Jones but that Headkick koed him and Jones get caught sadly for PEDs.

The fact that fight went the distance should give pause to anyone on VO's chances in this fight.

DC's getting older every day, and this is his first fight since getting blasted by Jones. Who knows what effect that has had on DC's game heading into this fight? DC should win, and is the more well-rounded fighter, but we're going to have to see what happens when his chin gets tested.

After watching that UFC Embedded leading into this fight... it's almost as if DC is carrying himself with a false sense of bravado. Something seemed off about him. Oezdemir seems way too calm and collected, it's almost creepy, not sure that he's firing on all cylinders.

Back