Is there ANY pre-fight bad blood tonight?

OrigFan255

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I am all for fighters showing respect to a worthy opponent BUT, EVERYONE on the main card showed pleasantries before the stare downs.

The BEST fights had true bad blood before the fight and usually always ended with an embrace of a job well done from 2 warriors.

Examples:
Shammy vs. Frye
Nate vs. Conor 1
TJ vs. Cody

Ones that go against the grain:
Brock vs. Mir 2
Ronda vs. Meisha 2
F' That!....Ronda vs. Anyone

There have been plenty of great fights without any bad blood. Along the same line, GSP proved that you don’t need to invent some fake beef to sell PPVs.

Does there always have to be bad blood and shit talking?

I don’t fall for the “beef” or shit talking unless there is some sort of history there to drive the emotions... i.e. TAM/Team Elevation, rematch fights, or Rashad v. Jones. All else is white noise to me, it’s like watching WWE sometimes.

I hope not, I need a break from the soap opera.

Tj and Cody continued talking shit after the fight haha

They didn't embrace unless you count Tj getting in Cody's face after the ko

I think some of the best fights are between two good friends in the cage. Seems too often with bad blood there is a bit of a let down followed by the post fight when all the animosity seems to magically vanish. When you have two good friends fighting I feel like they let it all out in a fun and exciting fight. Example - Scott Smith vs Pete Sell

I am all for fighters showing respect to a worthy opponent BUT, EVERYONE on the main card showed pleasantries before the stare downs.

The BEST fights had true bad blood before the fight and usually always ended with an embrace of a job well done from 2 warriors.

Examples:
Shammy vs. Frye
Nate vs. Conor 1
TJ vs. Cody

Brock vs. Mir 2
Ronda vs. Meisha 2

Great thread!
ylWiJIMEybsocojFnkkhZDlTahkkMGdE7wVb-o6R554.gif

Examples:
Shammy vs. Frye
Nate vs. Conor 1
TJ vs. Cody

Brock vs. Mir 2
Ronda vs. Meisha 2

F-Yo-Thread.gif

Examples:
Shammy vs. Frye
Nate vs. Conor 1
TJ vs. Cody

Brock vs. Mir 2
Ronda vs. Meisha 2
Are you 12? Some of the best fights had no trash talk whatsoever (Shogun/Hendo) and a lot of “bad blood” bouts ended up snoozefests like Rampage/Rashad. Stipe Miocic likes and gets along with everyone, but he’s punching them all out cold. That turd Covington has beef with everyone and is a boring decision machine. Means fuck all, however they feel about their opponents, fighters won’t fight any harder when the cage shuts, grow up son.

Are you 12? Some of the best fights had no trash talk whatsoever (Shogun/Hendo) and a lot of “bad blood” bouts ended up snoozefests like Rampage/Rashad. Stipe Miocic likes and gets along with everyone, but he’s punching them all out cold. That turd Covington has beef with everyone and is a boring decision machine. Means fuck all, however they feel about their opponents, fighters won’t fight any harder when the cage shuts, grow up son.

Truth.

/thread

Bad blood tonight? Only if Colby shows up for the main event with a boomerang in his hand.

TUF noobs need their drama.

?

nate vs mcgregor didn't have bad blood

Back