IS there another fighter who has so many all time greats under his belt as Johnny Bones?

If Jon comes back late this year. He just beat USADA and that makes him GOAT.

If it weren’t for the fact he is a known roid cheat, you’d have a pretty strong case.

But he is a roid cheat. Sad, but true.

Lol @ TRT Machida. None of those "wins" count. Is there anyone who has cheated more than Jones in MMA history? Multiple eye pokes per fight, multiple failed steroid tests, multiple test evasions like hiding under a cage, never fought anyone his own size besides Gus. Don't forget his grandma level test levels.

IF Chael beats Fedor I think you have to give it to him. He will be able to throw his statements about Pride FC in our faces forever, losing to the UFC guys like Tito, Rashad & Jones, then beating the Pride legends Shogun, Rampage, Wanderlei and Fedor... I know Bones shares common opponents and beat some guys that beat Chael, but if Chael gets those 4 names under his belt he really does get the last laugh in the end of things.

Hendo maybe
Vitor
Shogun
Fedor
Franklin
Wanderlei
Big nog

That’s a fair number

Lost to Matt Hamill. What's your point?
quinton-jackson-matt-hamill-ufc-130-c.jpg

If it weren’t for the fact he is a known roid cheat, you’d have a pretty strong case.

But he is a roid cheat. Sad, but true.
Nearly all of them are, Hot Carl.
Drawing a line based on who got caught and who sneaked by or happened to compete in a time when they didn't test properly isn't really fair. It's naive and subjective at best

Nearly all of them are, Hot Carl.
Drawing a line based on who got caught and who sneaked by or happened to compete in a time when they didn't test properly isn't really fair. It's naive and subjective at best

Fair or not, he is a cheat. A known cheat.

I am not sure i follow your argument about it not being fair.

And of course we draw lines. We don’t see fighters getting randomly suspended from time to time to balance the scales. Fighters that cheat get suspended. Nothing subjective about that. But again, I may have misunderstood your argument.

GSP: Parisyan, Trigg, Sherk, Penn x2, Hughes x2, Koscheck x2, Serra, Fitch, Alves, Hardy, Shields, Condit, Diaz, Hendricks, Bisping = 18

Jon Jones: Bonnar, Vera, Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Evans, Belfort, Sonnen, Gustafsson, Teixeira, Cormier, Preux = 13

GSP also beat more former champions (7)

Woah... wait... Matt Serra is an all time great and counts as beating a former champion but matyushenko doesn't count for Jon? What if Jon had lost to Matyushenko in a stunning upset and then went on to retake his belt from him? Would Matyushenko then be a better win and make a better argument, as you suggest?

And of course we draw lines. We don’t see fighters getting randomly suspended from time to time to balance the scales. Fighters that cheat get suspended. Nothing subjective about that. But again, I may have misunderstood your argument.
I'm saying nobody calls MMA Great and Mustache Aficionado Don Frye " a cheat" but that certainly isn't because he didn't take steroids, it's just because he fought in a time where that wasn't a big deal. NOW we make a big deal about it, but that isn't Jon Jones fault. He did what they all did, and he was the best. BUT because he has the misfortune of fighting in today's MMA he gets called a cheat. I say not fair

I don't know...didn't he suffer at the hands of Matt Hamill?

Plus he was FRAMED anyway! They can't prove shit!

Yes they can, and they have.
Did you SEE HIM take the steroids? Did ANYONE actually see him take the steroids??? I don't know man, they can manipulate those tests man. I don't trust the data!

He's the GOAT.
Manchildren can't accept this fact.

Jones was doing cocaine and fucking strippers
Still fucked up D.C's Popeye eating ass.

Vitor stepped in on short notice, and you cant write TRT on some when Jones always done it.
Jones is also a dirty fighter, GSP more GOAT

Back