Is there a website where you can check to see if Boxing Coaches are certified?

Practical Goat

Knowledge Seeker
@White
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Is there a source where you can check to see if coaches have the proper training to teach? Also, is there anywhere you can check to see if a boxer has turned pro?

If they've had a pro bout then you can put their name into BoxRec and see what comes up.

I haven't come across any certifications for boxing coaches really in the UK outside of the training provided by the Amateur Boxing Association which people have to do to become an ABA Level I Coach (basically an assistant coach), then to go from being an ABA Level I Coach to an ABA Level II Coach (the level required to be a head coach at an amateur boxing club and put forward amateur fighters), then from an ABA Level II Coach to an ABA Level III coach (and I can't remember what that certificate signifies, I think it has to do with overseeing amateur boxing in your county or region, say if you wanted to bring together a team of amateurs in your county and train them as a group from different gyms). These might run for four or five days in a row, or once a day for several weeks, and cost a few hundred quid to do.

If you are at a club which puts forward amateur boxers then they will have an ABA Level II coach there. The guys who help in the corner of amateur fights will be ABA Level I at least. Any other boxing certifications out there that I've seen are all fitness boxing type ones that guys who run Boxfit classes tend to have. I guess there's also a course for becoming a licensed pro boxing trainer. None of these courses guarantee someone will be a good trainer.

The best way to tell if your gym has good coaches is really just to find out about their backgrounds and how well their fighters are doing.

Back