Is there a practical reason Kelvin often raises both of his arms up after an exchange???

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Gastelum does this a lot. Is there a reason?

Weidman sometimes does it at the start of a fight seemingly to establish range and territory but Kelvin often does it while moving back.
15117376741005022.gif

Gastelum does this a lot. Is there a reason?

Weidman sometimes does it at the start of a fight seemingly to establish range and territory but Kelvin often does it while moving back.
15117376741005022.gif
haha rafael cordiero is his coach, who used to train chute boxe. Shogun used to get trained by him and do the same thing. Its basically a way to fool the judges into thinking you werent hit. Shogun did so many times in the Machida fight that some people actually thought Shogun won.

haha rafael cordiero is his coach, who used to train chute boxe. Shogun used to get trained by him and do the same thing. Its basically a way to fool the judges into thinking you werent hit. Shogun did so many times in the Machida fight that some people actually thought Shogun won.
MT stuff. When I started competing, I wondered why our opposition brought down a team of "male cheerleaders" to make pirate sounds after every weak little strike

.... turns out it really fools the judges!

MT stuff. When I started competing, I wondered why our opposition brought down a team of "male cheerleaders" to make pirate sounds after every weak little strike

that's interesting in on MT you don't punch all that much but it seems Gastelum is all about punching

I thought it looked familiar. Pretty good trick. LOL

haha that shit's big in my style of karate (shinkyokushin) in tournaments too, especially with the Japanese.

example:
land a low kick - OIIIIIIIIIIII - few seconds - clean liver kick lands - "kiiitta kiiiitta! kitttazo!!" - meaning he's hurt he's hurt, or it's worked it's worked.

haha that shit's big in my style of karate (shinkyokushin) in tournaments too, especially with the Japanese.

example:
land a low kick - OIIIIIIIIIIII - few seconds - clean liver kick lands - "kiiitta kiiiitta! kitttazo!!" - meaning he's hurt he's hurt, or it's worked it's worked.
It works and I didn't know til it happens. Guy slips on sweat throwing a headkick, and the entire crowd of 10-20 people yell "OHH EYYY" it fools the admins into thinking it was a knockdown

Back