is there a featherweight on the planet who can beat Conor?

He looks like he's dying. Rumble wasn't a 170 pounder because he looked like death
rumble missed weight multiple times at 170 and 185.
conor has never missed weight at 145.
if you can make the weight legally, you're in the weight class

So according to your logic if you can make then that means that's your natural weight class? No it just means your desperate to avoid 155ers so you kill yourself to make weight.

siver3.jpg

20161111073635_12_McGregor.JPG

Gee I wonder which looks healthier. Health obviously being an indicator of natural weight.

SherBRO logic strikes again. <DisgustingHHH>
thats the point of weight classes. oh god. stop with your bro logic and being afraid to fight people.
he fought in both weight classes. the dude isn't afraid.

What we wouldnt be doing is wondering why all of a sudden chad became higher ranked then frankie when conor needed a fight even tho frankie was on a 4 fight win streak..
Chad was ranked higher than Frankie the entire time, due to having beaten way more guys at FW than Frankie. Prior to Frankie's streak he had three straight losses, whereas Chad had only ever lost to Aldo in almost twenty fights.

You need to consider the actual division at the time things were going down. Chad had a better win streak than Frankie which was broken by an Aldo loss, then a win over #4 contender Lamas. He was the #1 ranked FW the whole time.

Last edited:
thats the point of weight classes. oh god. stop with your bro logic and being afraid to fight people.

What the fuck does this point have to do with anything? Conor's a natural light weight. Your talking about not being afraid to fight guys. Then you bring up SherBRO logic when your confused and making an ass of yourself. LOL

Of course he's smashed a lot of good fighters. He hasn't smashed as many good fighters as Aldo, though.

Yet I'm supposed to think it's impossible that Aldo could beat Conor in a rematch, while I'm also supposed to think that Nate's loss in the rematch against Conor erases his previous win.

I'm supposed to think that Conor is unbeatable, even though I've seen him beaten.

I'm supposed to feel like an idiot for making a hypothetical speculation that Edgar might have something for Conor, and also feel like an idiot for not making an equally hypothetical speculation that Conor would destroy Edgar.

I'm supposed to realize that Conor's early losses to less than elite competition when he was a very young and very green fighter don't say anything about him because he's clearly grown since then, and at the same time think that Holloway's losses to world class competition when he was an equally young and equally green fighter tell us everything we need to know about how a rematch might go.

I'm supposed to think that Mendes' success early on against Conor before gassing and being TKOd is meaningless, and that a rematch would be stupid because the TKO finish made it clear who was better, but Conor's early success against Nate before gassing and tapping proved that a rematch was absolutely necessary because how else would we know who was really better?

Conor is a fantastic fighter.

But Conor can be beaten.

How do I know?

Because he's been beaten.

Thank you for THIS!

Funny thing is, the aforementioned arguments being used by both parts..nuthuggers and haters: Without gassing Mendes would beat Conor....well Conor gassed against Nate...no that doesn't count..and the other way around.

Conor seems to be so polaryzing...only a few people can discuss unbiased

What the fuck does this point have to do with anything? Conor's a natural light weight. Your talking about not being afraid to fight guys. Then you bring up SherBRO logic when your confused and making an ass of yourself. LOL
Natural LW? Lol.

There is no such thing as a fighter fighting at their 'natural' weight except for HWs who do not cut. Practically every fighter cuts weight. Even Frankie cut weight to fight at LW (3lbs). Since weight cutting is an integral part of prizefighting the only thing which matters is the weight a fighter is able to successfully cut to while still being able to perform in a fight in the next day or two.

Conor cut a lot, but not more than Poirier when he fought at FW, and as a % of bodyweight quite a few fighters claim to cut more than Conor. The 'natural' weightclass argument seems to be based on 'weight class I think a fighter should compete in.' And that's silly.

For me Mcgregor is a bit of a paradox, his ascension to the pinnacle of combat sports cannot be argued. While I loathe his personality and most of his fandom, he's a good fighter who adds drama and excitement preceding the bout as well as putting on exciting performances in the octagon.

Yes, he's brought more eyes to the sport and most assuredly guaranteed bigger purses for fighters that can produce numbers for the UFC. But with his refusal to defend belts, jumping weight classes and causing bedlam within divisions, and trying to position himself in another sport entirely.

I wonder if he's caused more harm than good for the sport in general?

That's an interesting question.

I don't believe it's possible to answer right now, and in future may not be answerable either since other major shifts in the UFC have occurred while McGregor is champion. WME's approach to trimming the roster and other changes like releasing Mike Goldberg, changing network deals and so on may also positively or negatively affect the sport or the UFC's success as a promotion.

You know I've always believe that Conor is a great fighter but he gets too much leeway from the UFC. That hasn't changed and it will be interesting in a few years to look back at the way his career has been handled and assess the impact that has had on the UFC in specific and MMA in general. I wonder if you and I will agree about that when we discuss it in future!

Of course he's smashed a lot of good fighters. He hasn't smashed as many good fighters as Aldo, though.

Yet I'm supposed to think it's impossible that Aldo could beat Conor in a rematch, while I'm also supposed to think that Nate's loss in the rematch against Conor erases his previous win.

I'm supposed to think that Conor is unbeatable, even though I've seen him beaten.

I'm supposed to feel like an idiot for making a hypothetical speculation that Edgar might have something for Conor, and also feel like an idiot for not making an equally hypothetical speculation that Conor would destroy Edgar.

I'm supposed to realize that Conor's early losses to less than elite competition when he was a very young and very green fighter don't say anything about him because he's clearly grown since then, and at the same time think that Holloway's losses to world class competition when he was an equally young and equally green fighter tell us everything we need to know about how a rematch might go.

I'm supposed to think that Mendes' success early on against Conor before gassing and being TKOd is meaningless, and that a rematch would be stupid because the TKO finish made it clear who was better, but Conor's early success against Nate before gassing and tapping proved that a rematch was absolutely necessary because how else would we know who was really better?

Conor is a fantastic fighter.

But Conor can be beaten.

How do I know?

Because he's been beaten.
This is an awesome post.

Robin van Roosmalen.

think he makes the weight now and preforms well without an iv?

I highly doubt the guy can pull it off

You act like you're about 12 years old. Recockulous? That's pathetically juvenille.
This is your sick mature internet burn? That I act like I'm 12?
images

I will one up you using your own tactics! You appear to be a 10 year old hanging out with his 8 year old brother, giggling as you trash talk adults on the intertewbs. tee hee hee. Go watch some Peppa Pig or something and let your elders have a reasonable discussion. Boy, I really got you, just like you really got me! <3>

mendes did not much. conor got up from every take down and finished him in the second round.
He only got up from one because Chad tried an I'll advised guillotine. He was getting smashed. Asking the ref to stand up the figjt. What are you talking about

"COULD"? of course. plenty of 145-ers COULD beat Conor. I think Edgar mops him up. would be similar to the Frankie - yair fight. Mendes with more than one week training would do the same. maybe Bermudez. pretty much any top 15 fw with solid wrestling would have the advantage against Conor. but a fight "on their feet" is a different story. Conor has the advantage against the rest of the division. although I would like to see a rematch against Aldo.

Frankie for sure. Takedown and elbows

Aldo with right gameplan (leg kicks and takedowns)

Holloway possibly but he probably gets hit with a missile from Conor

Clay Guida has the chin, takedowns and cardio to possibly pull it off.

Jason Knight is on the come up. I don't want to jump the gun but this kid looks very promising. He is well rounded and has finishing instinct
Cyborg!

Back