Is there a Cheaper/Convienient alternative to Visalus?

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
About 7 years ago I got involved in some network marketing business called Visalus. While I don't approve of the business model, I gotta admit the actual shake mix product was the most effective I've ever tried.

Two shakes a day, and a double-T-Bone meal for dinner, for 15 days later, and I was 14 pounds lighter. I'm not exaggerating, and I filled the shakes with bananas and yogurt - not exactly the best ingredients to add to shake mix if you want to lose weight, I later learned. Oh, and no exercise.

The thing is, I got off of it because of the cost - $100/month - with whatever you buy from the store to add into it.

trousse-balance-visalus-body-by-vi-kit.jpg

So, lets come back to present day to discuss alternative products with the same effectiveness. I've tried a variety of protein/weight-loss shake mixes available from Walmart over the last few weeks, and unsurprisingly, not even close to the same results.

So, in the last 7 years has there been a competeting shake weight-loss mix on the market, but without the network marketing / subscription gimmicks?

I prefer to buy it over the counter, but if I can buy it over the internet, that's fine.

Oh, and one last thing, this is absolutley NOT a stealthy/sneaky pitch to get people to sign up with Visalus. A friend of mine got royally screwed by them, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

This thread is JUST to discuss other alternatives without the high expense and social marketing pyramid scheme bullshit.

About 7 years ago I got involved in some network marketing business called Visalus. While I don't approve of the business model, I gotta admit the actual shake mix product was the most effective I've ever tried.

Two shakes a day, and a double-T-Bone meal for dinner, for 15 days later, and I was 14 pounds lighter. I'm not exaggerating, and I filled the shakes with bananas and yogurt - not exactly the best ingredients to add to shake mix if you want to lose weight, I later learned. Oh, and no exercise.

The thing is, I got off of it because of the cost - $100/month - with whatever you buy from the store to add into it.

trousse-balance-visalus-body-by-vi-kit.jpg

So, lets come back to present day to discuss alternative products with the same effectiveness. I've tried a variety of protein/weight-loss shake mixes available from Walmart over the last few weeks, and unsurprisingly, not even close to the same results.

So, in the last 7 years has there been a competeting shake weight-loss mix on the market, but without the network marketing / subscription gimmicks?

I prefer to buy it over the counter, but if I can buy it over the internet, that's fine.

Oh, and one last thing, this is absolutley NOT a stealthy/sneaky pitch to get people to sign up with Visalus. A friend of mine got royally screwed by them, and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

This thread is JUST to discuss other alternatives without the high expense and social marketing pyramid scheme bullshit.

Make your own................ research your ingredients and only use that which works.

Soylent?

It's not MLM, like Visalus or Herbalife.

I never tried meal replacements. but I've heard of Soylent. I don't know their prices.

Also, why don't you just try a simple protein shake? From what I undestand, these meal replacements offer you all the nutrients you need, right? You can try a protein shake with some berries or bananas and some vitamin and mineral supplements. It must be cheapper.

Back