Is there a bread conspiracy?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This might have been going on for a long time but I just recently noticed it. I use whole wheat bread for toast only. I always toast 2 slices because I figure it's wasting heat if don't. I noticed I'm always left with an odd slice. Once I noticed it I started counting slices and both the wheat and white bread have an odd number of slices. Not a big deal if you make open face sandwiches but if you use two slices per sandwich it requires always having a second loaf on hand. I'd be interested to know if this is the same everywhere pre sliced bread is sold.

It made me think about other odd ways baked goods are packaged. Hot dogs are sold in packages of 5 or ten but hot dog buns are sold in packages of 8. Ball Park is a brand that sells both the meat and buns and they do sell hot dogs in 8 packs which match their buns. I suspect they sell the 8 pack because they sell it for the same price as others 10 packs. Ball Park also sells frozen pre cooked burgers but those are in packages of 6 and the hamburger buns are in packages of 8. It would be easy to put two more burgers into the same bag.

It can't be a conspiracy in a free market, if people cared another company would pop up and fill that market.

The real food conspiracy is how public schools teach / taught people things like "eggs are bad for you" "Margarine is better for you than butter" etc. etc.

Not enough yeast ITT...

Will not rise..

Sad.

I never eat the end pieces of bread.

If you're worried about wasting heat by only toasting one slice and it's a cold day; just stick your hand in the other slot. Will keep it nice and warm and save on gloves.

Fold that end piece in half and make a pb&j taco, or throw a hot dog in it.

I never eat the end pieces of bread.

The end pieces help keep the remaining pieces from drying out. They make decent toast.

My point with the thread is that the slicer could easily be set up to provide an even number of slices but for some reason they chose to slice it into an odd number of slices.

mswha.gif

That's because I always break into your kitchen at night and eat a single slice of bread just to confuse you.

If you're worried about wasting heat by only toasting one slice and it's a cold day; just stick your hand in the other slot. Will keep it nice and warm and save on gloves.
The real life pro-tip is in the comments.

Maybe you should make a club sandwich and stop being so paranoid.

Back