Is The Witcher 3 the greatest videogame ever created?

Among RPGs it is GOAT. Comparing it with games from other genres is a pointless "apples vs oranges" endeavor.

Needs a poll IMO.

It's definitely up there. Probably in my personal top 5 all time. It's the best open world I have ever played; no other game has rewarded my curiosity as much as that one and also offered a great narrative with branching paths.

Arguably GOAT RPG. If we're talking time and place, I wouldn't rank it over Chrono Trigger or Zelda LTTP though.

As for the combat, you have to choose to make it more interesting / difficult. If you choose a hack and slash build, and just spam shield, then the combat definitely gets old really fast.

I am curious to what everyone thinks is an example of good combat for a real time combat based rpg?

Not even in the top ten. It's good but not that good.

One of the best games I've played in the last decade.

I really need to play the expansions. Had so much fun with the regular campaign but it took up a huge amount of my time. I've been reluctant to go back in and use up half a year again.

Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age say hello.

This. The Mass Effect games had awesome gameplay. And while I did not play 2, and thought Inquisition was way too much of a fetch questorama, Dragon Age Origin's gameplay and combat was excellent. That game does not get anywhere near the credit it deserves for being an all around brilliant game. Kind of slid under the radar. Even my friend who loved the ME and KOTOR games never played it, even though I gave him a copy of the Ultimate Edition on 360 when I sold the console.

Dark Souls

it wasnt the best either, that goes to Dragons dogma and probably nioh...in short.... here

YOv591.gif

Hard to compare games from different genres. But I will shoot.

As the best overall game ever, I will name my 2 favorite games ever. They are very well made, good-looking and the game-play and UI are fantastic. So I´m a big fan of Relic games. It´s a shame the collaboration with THQ is over and out. No Homeworld 3 in the near future. But untill then, I will play my Homeworld 1-2 Remasterd and Company of Heroes 1. My top games ever! And they are still looking gorgeous in the year of 2018. And that is an achivement not many games can do. To age with dignity.

homeworld.jpg Company-of-Heroes.jpg

It's up there for sure but Chrono Trigger will always be my GOAT RPG.

Back