Is the UK actually looking to restrict knives?

Oh like places like Germany amirite. The UK perhaps, I mean it's not like them being tyrannical created America. Governments since the dawn of Governments has been abusing it's subjects. Or are you saying that because there has been a period (less than 100 years) without a large crisis that brings in a new authoritarian dictator type, Hitler, Mussolini, etc that we are past tyranny because "strong civil society and democratic institutions". Hell even Americans allowed people to be rounded up in WW2.

I think people should probably wait a couple hundred years to see how well strong civil society and democratic institutions actually prevent a police state and tyranny.

Politicians are a necessary evil.

Anyone who actually trusts them unreservedly is a fucking retard.

It's funny how they restrict ASP batons, pepper spray and tasers well before they restrict knives.

The UK list of "Offensive Weapons" looks a lot like our "Dangerous Articles/Prohibited Weapons"

Too many Ninja movies in the '80s apparently...

It was a scary time, man. Every day you'd hear of another person being decapitated with a ninja sword or dying in agony after being hit with a poisoned shuriken. And that's not even mentioning all the people the ninja killed with delayed Dim Mak strikes...:rolleyes:

It was a scary time, man. Every day you'd hear of another person being decapitated with a ninja sword or dying in agony after being hit with a poisoned shuriken. And that's not even mentioning all the people the ninja killed with delayed Dim Mak strikes...:rolleyes:

I want to know how many people in the UK have actually been attacked (let alone killed) with a Kyoketsu Shoge. If it's a number higher than zero I think I'd be impressed.

That has to be a joke?

Holy crap, if these idiotic English police saw all the equipment I have for my hobby shop, they would be frothing. What are they going to do to all the Hobbyists in the UK who have all sorts of sharp implements and machinery to make sharp implements.

Laws around what weapons you're allowed to possess or carry in public are already pretty strict.

These proposed changes make little difference in the overall context.

There is something about banning 'zombie knives' which is supposed to be a whole new category of knife just based on how they look. This seems similar to the assault weapons debate in the US.

Further to what is specifically banned / restricted, there is the concept of an 'offensive weapon'. Anything could be deemed as an offensive weapon by the law, they just need to justify that you were carrying it with the intent of using it as a weapon. This applies even in the case of self defence. Say you live in a rough neighbourhood and you start carrying some innocuous object in case you need to defend yourself. The police could decide that it's an offensive weapon and so you're a criminal.

The police could decide that it's an offensive weapon and so you're a criminal.

I best be careful the next time I'm taking a broken bottle and a heavy glass astray to the recycling center and stop of for a swift pint at my local Wetherspoons.....people could get the wrong idea altogether .

That has to be a joke?

Holy crap, if these idiotic English police saw all the equipment I have for my hobby shop, they would be frothing. What are they going to do to all the Hobbyists in the UK who have all sorts of sharp implements and machinery to make sharp implements.
It sounds like you are the next Ted kazinsky. Quick someone ride his shop/shed.

tactical%20screwdrivers.jpg

Having guns has in some places in the US correlated to a substantial drop in crime. In other, like say for Chicago, the opposite has occurred. The real issue imo is not that guns would or would not mitigate stabbings as a whole in London, it's that it would help any particular individual protect themselves against stabbing.

And of course it isn't "fucking dumb" to think that an individual with a gun is better protected from being attacked by a knife-wielding assailant than someone who is unarmed. That's why people who are considered important, whether wealthy folk or celebrities or politicians have armed bodyguards.

What has happened in the UK is that the individual has been stripped of the right to defend themselves from attack. From where I sit, that's one of the most basic human rights, and the attempt by the UK government to suppress it is oppressive.

And finally, being armed is not useless against the military. Nor is it useless against the police. The US military is powerful, but is not a numerically large force compared to historical army sizes. One need not be able to crack open an Abrams to be a thorn in the side of a military force. Small arms won't win many battles, but they certainly change the strategic equation when it comes to garrisoning cities and occupying large swathes of the countryside.

Not sure if you're aware but the knife attacks in London are typically linked to inter-gang disputes and committed almost exclusively by young teens from within the British afro-carribean community... essentially akin to black on black crime.

As unfortunate as the recent spate in knife attacks is, the rest of the population is not really clamouring to arm up in order to 'defend' or 'protect' themselves as they're typically not the target

Not sure if you're aware but the knife attacks in London are typically linked to inter-gang disputes and committed almost exclusively by young teens from within the British afro-carribean community... essentially akin to black on black crime.

As unfortunate as the recent spate in knife attacks is, the rest of the population is not really clamouring to arm up in order to 'defend' or 'protect' themselves as they're typically not the target
Oh, so it's only blacks being killed then? I see. Keeping weapons out of the hands of black men is a big part of the history of gun control in the States as well.

There are more ways to improvise a weapon from ones environment than sensible means of restricting them. How far down the restriction rabbit hole can ones government go before the measures become as much of a liability/hardship/burden as the weapons themselves?

The UK has been dominated. Read the text in the corner too.

big_brother_f.jpg

Tyranny is so creepy.

Fuuuuck. That poster is something out of a dystopian book. Not real life

Litterally out of a George Orwell illustrated copy would you find this. I can't believe anyone is ok with that, that poster is creepy as shit and not even hiding the intent behind surveillance anymore

{<doc}

Missed my point with Germany, go back to less than a century ago...

Fit what evidence? Over what time period? 100+ million citizens in the last 100 years or so by their government. All of history showing that governments abuse citizens.
<{blankeye}>

What does any of what you've written have to do with this thread?

Spell it out.

What's to spell out?

Law abiding citizens are unable to have items to protect themselves from criminals that don't care about said law.

Back