Is the Platinum fanbase a gimmick?

nickname and attitude aside the man's 10 - 1 with 10 KO's that has to count for something

tenor.gif

Last edited:
The Platinum fanbase is horrible. Easily the worst fanbase in MMA history. All of the Platinum fans that I've come across have been morons and juvenile meme spammers.
The worst??
What about those mindless leprechaun followers?

The Platinum fanbase is horrible. Easily the worst fanbase in MMA history. All of the Platinum fans that I've come across have been morons and juvenile meme spammers.

still not as bad as people who unironically try to convince people to enjoy watching mighty mouse fight lel

I'm in Spain and they're showing Mike Perry fight randomly on regular TV between shows... He's being built up by the UFC, and has a growing fan base.

Yes, there is a touch of irony, but the message is as serious as a heart attack - #PlatinumChamp2018
1963.gif

A long time ago I felt that way too...

Thing is, he's one of the very few fighters that represent the old style - not being good at everything, yet still successful... He's a classic heavy handed brawler, and he really is very fun to watch. Plus he knocks dudes silly and has a great chin.

I figured what the hell and jumped aboard... Plus it was nuts when a Perry fight randomly played on Spanish tv - everyone knew who he was too... It felt way better being a fan than it would if I was a hater in that moment!

fight fans aren't the brightest bulb in the trees

Kids like all sorts of crazy shit. He probably looks and fights how they want to look and fight.

fight fans aren't the brightest bulb in the trees

brightest bulb in the trees? have never heard that. does that make sense? lol, not trying to sound like a dick or anything.

Back