Is the Ngannou hype still alive?

Ngannou is still a top fighter. From digging sand to top MMA contender after only 5yrs of training. He didn't gas out completely after 5 rounds with Stipe. If he continues to improve at the same rate in the coming years, he's going to be awesome.

Sorry to tell you bud, but he already beat Blaydes.

curtis-blaydes-ufc-fight-night-86.jpg

lel
ur right mang
i didnt see it, but i knew about it
i got blaydes in the rematch if he plays it safe

Stipe finished 5 straight, 4 in the first round, before he fought Ngannou. If Stipe couldn't finish a badly gassed Ngannou then I don't know who in the division will knock him out. I think he's going to walk right through Lewis. He doesn't have to worry about wrestling, so he can just bang.

Sadly you re right
Im.thinking maybe a Blaydes rematch ?
I dont like the guy honestly

I wouldn't call it hype for me, but he can bolster up some things and be a perrenial top 10 HW for the next 5-8 years (depending on whether he TRULY is 31 or not...The Black Beast aint havin' it).

He needs to work on Cardio and TDD, obviously. But apparently he's a sponge in the gym according to his coaches. We just have to see where he plateaus.

I'm always willing to watch a guy that can "one shot kill" a guy. For example Roy Nelson will always have a special place in my heart. For a short time that overhand gave us incredible highlight real knockouts, even now I'll watch just for the chance he can connect one more time.

He is going to send that obese slob that is Derrick Lewis to the shadow realm

It's certainly died down. We'll see how he does in his next fight

I’d say he could still be a contender.

Obviously, he could be outgrappled, but, if he didn’t go on a 2 week vacation b4 his last title shot(or w/e) he might be champ right now.

Joe Hogan is still on the train. On his podcast he was talking about how Ngannou would clubber most elite boxers because his sheer power and size advantage. Guys like Mike Tyson as a undersized HW wouldn't be able to handle Ngannou's 40lbs+ weight advantage. He's going into Eddie Bravo territory.

tenor.gif

Francis needs to improve other aspects of the game, more cardio and better wrestling and he would do a lot more better

Reem has a good resume and also had excellent striking up until recently (when he's adopted this plodding, hands down approach and instead of countering has decided to turn his back and run away) so his sustained hype was justified.

Ngannau looks and fights like a novice, no surprise he isn;t mentioned any more. Both he and Stipe came out of that fight with tarnished reputations imo. Ngannau for looking so poor, and Stipe for being unable to finish a gassed out novice.

first, i'm sure he is going to improve his TDD and wrestling.

second, i think he'll learn from the Stipe fight to better pace himself and not gas so hard.

third, even being hella gassed he still went all 5 rounds with stipe.

fourth, stipe's wrestling in the fight consisted of a lot of smuttering and putting his weight on an already gassed opponent to gas him further.

fifth, the black beast fight will be able to tell us where exactly ngannou is at. i really think he should be able to dispatch derrick lewis with relative ease, but if he doesn't - or even loses - it'll be a huge blow.

derrick lewis' last fight against tybura was pathetic from both fighters. i didn't see anything amazing/impressive/imposing from either in the stand-up, wrestling or clinch.

Guy was the next coming of Tyson. Nobody gave stipe a chance.

Now nobody talks about him.

Does his hype really end that quick? Reem hype lasted for years.

reem is a multiple organizations multiple combat sports champion, ngannou is a derailed hype train.

nice comparison.

Guy was the next coming of Tyson. Nobody gave stipe a chance.

Now nobody talks about him.

Does his hype really end that quick? Reem hype lasted for years.

Nobody gave Stipe a chance? If you go through my posts I was saying Stipe was going to win from the beginning. Ngannou is a one trick pony. The hype can only be alive if he fights another striker. Any wrestler will own him. Sea level Cain, DC, Stipe.

Back