Is the Ngannou hype still alive?

Guy was the next coming of Tyson. Nobody gave stipe a chance.

Now nobody talks about him.

Does his hype really end that quick? Reem hype lasted for years.
Here's my issues with you...

"Nobody gave stipe a chance."
A lot of people did including myself. Miocic was thought to be the more technical striker and has good wrestling. I felt (like many) that if Miocic fought smart, he will win.

"Now nobody talks about him."
Really? Ngannou is slated to face Derrrick Lewis next. If Ngannou KOs Lewis is devastating fashion, Ngannou could be next in line for a title shot.

"Does his hype really end that quick?"
Ehhhh, no. Ngannou is still dangerous and still can leave people stiff. Cardio and wrestling are his current weaknesses so I assume he's drilling those in camp.

"Reem hype lasted for years"
Are you saying Overeem was overhyped for years? Because if you are, you need to seek help. Overeem is one of the most gifted MMA fighters of all time. Overeem has some of the best striking in the UFC right now and some may say he's the best striker in the HW division right now. Overeem's fight IQ and chin has been his weakness but Overeem has showed time and time again that he's a serious threat to anyone in the HW division.

I still think he can get back to the title. Needs to work on cardio and pacing but the power will always be there

If you want my advice, don’t believe anything that comes out of Rogan and white’s mouth and you won’t be a victim of the UFC hyping machine

I knew stipe was going to win because I didn’t see any cars inside the octagon that night!

To be fair, while standing Stipe seemed to be in constant danger.

AA and EcoReem made Ngannou look superhuman. Though, remember when Tim KOed AA with a little uppercut and Reem was dropped by anyone who touches his chin

Not so much but once he smashes Black Beast it'll come back

Sherdog has now ditched Francis, like they always do with everyone, and 90% of the board is saying Derrick Lewis is gonna show up and kick his ass

Same old shit, different day. Sorry, fellas, but Francis is gonna put Lewis' lights out and will probably get a bonus and a bigger fight like Cain or Werdum afterwards.

A lot of you guys are putting your eggs in Derrick's basket just because you laugh at his social media trolling and get a kick out of his post fight interviews, I get that, but remember he ran from middle aged Mark Hunt most the fight and Francis is gonna stalk him if he wants to play that game again and knock his cranium off like he did to Overeem.

Yeah I think the hype is still there, he suffered a setback which everyone goes through. He will be come back better

A lot of people did including myself. Miocic was thought to be the more technical striker and has good wrestling. I felt (like many) that if Miocic fought smart, he will win.

Really? Ngannou is slated to face Derrrick Lewis next. If Ngannou KOs Lewis is devastating fashion, Ngannou could be next in line for a title shot.

Ehhhh, no. Ngannou is still dangerous and still can leave people stiff. Cardio and wrestling are his current weaknesses so I assume he's drilling those in camp.

Are you saying Overeem was overhyped for years? Because if you are, you need to seek help. Overeem is one of the most gifted MMA fighters of all time. Overeem has some of the best striking in the UFC right now and some may say he's the best striker in the HW division right now. Overeem's fight IQ and chin has been his weakness but Overeem has showed time and time again that he's a serious threat to anyone in the HW division.

I actually picked Stipe to win.

Sherdog sure is a sensitive bunch.

lost badly and hasn't fought in a while. the hype will die for a bit. if he destroys black beast, it will be back on, though

Keep in mind this guy's also a good punch away from becoming world champ.

The reems def overhyped. Hes like the vitor of the hw division for most of his run. Soon as the brick hit back he was done. Everyone keeps talkin bout him bein champ but theres so many other guys that are better than him and doint need excessive horsemeat to do it.

Hes only in the rut cos he hasnt fought since then. Too many ppl wanna see him succeed.

Still alive, but more in check now...

Physically he's an absolute specimen, but his skills are amateur at best.

Back